• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another brakeline hill casualty

Qman

The Camshaft Guy
I have seen more carnage on brakeline than any other trail. Here is my latest contribution...

SSPX0076-1.jpg

SSPX0077-1.jpg

I carry spare axles with me so it wasn't a huge problem. Except for the damaged seal. Put everything back together and drove off the mountain.

While I was repairing the truck I watched a few Jeeps try the left side as well without success. It was very icy and both of the Jeeps slid off to the left of the rockface. One almost rolled end over end. He finally listened and stopped. His buddy winched him up out of harms way.

Anyone else have carnage to show from any of the trails at Evans?

Me and some buddies ran it a couple of weeks ago quite a bit of snow up there i tried running the crack on the far left got crossed up and almost rolled then ran it straight on and walked right up it surprised the hell outta me

I just handed Bobby 2 30spl's that were in more pieces than that. He agreed "that" was carnage........................

If that ain't damage or carnage or whatever, show me better... :fawkdancesmiley:

The pics of the bucket of long parts that came out of Chad's truck was a bit more impressive than a broken stocker.

Nice work :awesomework:

I remember back in the day when we had nothing really for strength in the toyota front axle and that was a common deal for us..

Now the key is to upgrade :awesomework:

That spot on the hill is a fickle beast. Some days when you just know you will not make it, you walk right up it. Other days when it is dry and you know you will make it, you end up pulling cable or picking up parts.

Here's mine,top of 311 upper,front gears:booo:

Attachments

• 4-88 ring and pinion 12-9-2011.jpg
    4-88 ring and pinion 12-9-2011.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 256
My last three trips to Evans. I have knocked out the big window on the drivers side of my B2, Twice on Brakeline, once on the switchbacks:redneck: Putting in my last spare window for that side:redneck:

Latest posts