• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another cherokee problem

If the crank position sensor goes out it shouldn't have any fuel either. Are you sure it's getting fuel......Prolly muffler bearings.:redneck:

Just replaces the CPS and still nothing having my sis drive hers over to swap out the coil and see if thats it.. still no spark and so much fuel its crazy.

Sorry in advance if I'm repeating something, didn't want to read all 3 pages of the thread before sharing. :)

Not sure on this exact model, but in my experience with the CPS issues has been crank no start, If the problem is intermittent then (if equiped) could be the cam position sensor.

just my 2 cents

replaces CPS.. Nothing Coil is good and so is the solenoid thing lol.. I heard there was a fuseable link that could stop it from running.. I have ZERO spark. I have had a few friends come over and nothing.. This is a pain.

anymore ideas I have another cherokee I can swap parts over instead of having to buy them. its not the coil, cps, or the ignition relay. Distributer? I dont wanna pay 125$ to dagnose its the cheapest I can find in tacoma

Last edited:
anymore ideas I have another cherokee I can swap parts over instead of having to buy them. its not the coil, cps, or the ignition relay. Distributer? I dont wanna pay 125$ to dagnose its the cheapest I can find in tacoma

Were $89 in Covington:D

I am wondering about the fuel pressure regulator because its has tons of fuel when I bleed it and crank it. I also wonder if I fouled all the plugs from turning it some many times and caking th eplugs with gas..

Hmmmm from what i understand you have no spark from wires? You can pull the plugs and give em a VERY light brushing (dont go crazy though) but i doubt this will help. (when you take them out they should be covered in black) I would try distributor. I would either replace it, but if you cant, then take off the cap and take a look at it. Sorry to hear about your heep, from one cherokee owner to another i know what this is like...:mad:

I have taken the cap off and replaced it and the rotor. It turns as it should when cranking over the engine. I read if I unplug the map sensor and plug it back in it will fire up once. Here I go again. Keep the ideas coming guys!

What would the vehicle do if the computer went out on it? Would it shut down all electrical? I see tons of ideas on the 2.5 jeep problems but it appears nothing really on the more common engine. If I dont figure this out by today its going into the shop reguardless

ok fuel is there.. Im reading possible map sensor, coolant temp sensor, cam shaft positioning sensor, cps, all fawk it who knows a good place in tacoma im tired of this piece of crap..

ok fuel is there.. Im reading possible map sensor, coolant temp sensor, cam shaft positioning sensor, cps, all fawk it who knows a good place in tacoma im tired of this piece of crap..

It should run with a bad map sensor or coolant temp sensor. Cam position and CPS are the same thing and would keep it from running but most likely would keep it from getting fuel too.....
Good luck, I know these kind of things can be a pain.:mad:

I'd say you could bring it by my place, but that's a bit of a trek for you:redneck:...I do know these rigs (own two with the 4.0L), but it is a lot easier for me to just rip thru diagnosing it hands on rather than by trying to over the net...

Yeah I dont know crap about electrical and It doesnt run so getting it to you would not be in the cards lol.. I do appreciate the offer though..

Latest posts