• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another cherokee problem

I have read all that good stuff and mostly come up with a possible bad ecu those are a pain to remove what a horrible place to put them any easy trick to getting them out?

I can't remember ever replacing an ECU in one of these rigs...not saying it's not possible, but not real likely it's the problem...Have you checked any of the sensors (TPS is easy to get to) for reference voltage? Have you checked if any of the injectors are getting a signal to fire (using a noid light)?

This thing has some sort of chrysler alarm system, The guy said there was a trick but I forgot what he said. I have the little key code thing that goes with has a 1 and a 2 on it.. I dont seem to have any spark as I just cant seem to get it to arc with the coil wire or by pulling a plug and trying to ground it.. I am engine retarded when it comes to these things..

Crankshaft position sensor, itll crank but ecu wont allow spark due to not reading the notches on the flywheel, i believe you need at least 300 rpm for it to even attempt to spark. you can check the CPS with a multimeter set for ohms/resistance, it should be between like 150-225 or right around that realm

If the crank position sensor goes out it shouldn't have any fuel either. Are you sure it's getting fuel......Prolly muffler bearings.:redneck:

i have fuel when i have the CPS diconnected/bad just no spark

Hmmmm from what i understand you have no spark from wires? You can pull the plugs and give em a VERY light brushing (dont go crazy though) but i doubt this will help. (when you take them out they should be covered in black) I would try distributor. I would either replace it, but if you cant, then take off the cap and take a look at it. Sorry to hear about your heep, from one cherokee owner to another i know what this is like...:mad:

definent possability and the distributors are only like 60 bucks if i remember right

Good question I smelltons of fuel when I turn the engine over.. When I pulled the number 4 spark plug I could smell fresh fuel when turning it over..

Ok I have check the power at the map sensor and CPS when the key is turned to the ON position. But have no readings on the meter at all do.. I have power at the distrubter plug and it spins.. I have power at the coil and power to the tps as well.. I know having power doesnt mean they work but I have another map sensor on hand and it did nothing.. This sucks ahahahaa

Not sure if I over looked this or not... But maybe check the ceramic ballist resistor on your D.side fenderwell... make a temp jumper and try starting her... I only know of this thanks to John from acrow... till I get my battery charged up, I have yet to try it... My jeep died on me while crossing I-90 2 weeks ago and left it up at Hyak for a week 1/2... cost me a 100.00 to get it home, if its that part, then FAWK!:mad:

Yeah if its not that im going to have to go with the shitty factory alarm anti theft crap.. Just need to figure out where it is and disable it if possible.. The guy that owned it thought it was disabled.. One more thing to add it took about 6-7 turns before this thing would fire up before it died..

that ceramic piece is the ballist resistor for the fuel pump. His fuel pump is turning on. No spark...

I wont, it will sit until I sell my honda or get back to work to put it in the shop. Then when it runs again ill off it.. I am not going to take loss on this,its not my kinda thing ahahaha..

To own a cherokee you have to be either, and, or

1. Undeniably stupid...
2. Single...ugh...
3. Enjoy spending more time laying underneath it then driving it....

and last

4. For some weird reason.. completely in love with it.....

I believe i fall into all 4, unfortunately:fawkdancesmiley:

Latest posts