• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another coilover question

Jwhit55

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! I'm running fox 2.0 emulsion coilovers on my buggy, so here's my question /problem. The lower springs on my front 2 coilovers are bowing and rubbing the bearing caps. Ive noticed about every other ride i need to tighten the caps due to this. Also, on the passenger side the lower spring seems to be getting into the shaft as well. The shaft has a groove wore into it which has caused the oil to leak out.

First off I'm not real familiar with these and from what I've read I know with the lighter springs bowing will occur. Is this a common problem with these shocks? Just seems to me that something isn't right about them. What can I do to prevent this? Thanks, Jamie

I see this all the time and mine do it to some extent too. I've also heard quality of spring can matter. I run Blue Coils ...

Pretty sure it's 150/200 on front but I will double check. The front is soft and def needs to be stiffened up.

Ive seen this but it seems to always be on rigs with softer springs, don't know if they softer ones just flex more or what? I'm bettin in the next year there is going to be a big change in the way all of us are setting coil overs up. It seems like everyone is starting to get the other issues figured out, so I'm thinking coil overs are the next problem child.

Thanks!! I talked to eor about the issues that I am having and am gonna try heavier coils. Hopefully that helps it.

Jwhit55 said:
Pretty sure it's 150/200 on front but I will double check. The front is soft and def needs to be stiffened up.

dang dude its def to soft. im runnin 175,225 on front of mine an its no where near the weight yours is. try a 200 250 or 225 250. thatll get it to quit hopin to

I have owned 2 Smithbuggys & have ran 150 over 200s on both up front &they worked great.

1buggy weighed 3540 &the other weighed 3750 ready 2 ride. Both had 16in coil overs. The 1 that weighed 3750 had a very light triple rate spring on it also.