• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another damn Toyota thread...

Would look even more BA with half doors that line up with the bed:awesomework: Helmets are a good thing and padded roll bars look kinda funny IMO. Good work:beer:

Would look even more BA with half doors that line up with the bed

I haven't made any yet, but thats the plan. Maybe something with a tube structure and a factory (looking) skin over it. The only time I'll run the full doors is in the winter. I pretty excited to have a heater and a windshield!

I wanted a double tri four link for the rear. PartsBreakers built some that work pretty frkn good but, like I said before, I don't really wanna work on this. Just drive it. I ended up going with a Trail Gear kit to speed up the fab time.

I read all of the stuff on the internet about the bad geometry that it has, but I wheel with a guy that has one it seems pretty good so I went for it.

032-1.jpg

I liked all of the parts and pieces in it. I don't like how steep the links are though. They are nearly as long as they can be (based on the tubing that TG sends.) We barely trimmed them at all and TG says that they are meant to be cut down. The truck is reasonably low but the link angle still seems a bit steep. I didn't plug it into a calculator just because I'd stress it if the numbers were bad. No real way to change it anyway without ditching the parts that I just payed good money for. Just wait and see I guess. I've seen rigs with steeper links than this work alright.

033-2.jpg

We mocked up the CO's a couple of times and came up with some pretty slick lookin ways to do it. In the end though we decided simple was going to work better. We have to tie some more tubes from the cage into it later and this would just easier.

052.jpg

051.jpg

.....then tubing from the rear of the cage down to the shock hoops.

062.jpg

063.jpg

I wanted to be able to remove the bedcover, so I picked these up from a buddy here in town that's a machinist.

061.jpg

074.jpg

Mount for the rear axle winch..

066.jpg

068.jpg

The upper tabs for the shocks are just hard tacked for now. Once it's weighed and we get the right springs on there, we'll re-flex it and make sure that they're gonna work. After that they'll get beefed up and finished.

Fuel tank is in. Not as sexy as a new fuel cell, but cheaper....

076.jpg

079.jpg

Cut the bed out to clear everything.

043.jpg

Hardcore. You must work on this every night.:awesomework:

It's cause of Jake, Nate and all those damn young guys. I'm just trying to keep up with those little bastards. I think it's gonna do me in though. They'll work all goddamn night. I'm ready for bed at about 9.

It's gonna be embarrasing when this gets caught up to where I'm at now and the rest of the world finds out really how slooooow I work.......

Oh yeah. Thanks to you this thing may really end up lime green.:mad:

There's alot of bed hanging out over the rear there; are you sure it's not going to get crushed the first time you wheel it for real ?

Latest posts