• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another damn Toyota thread...

Originally the plan was an X w/ a harness bar but we figured out pretty early on that it would get in the way of my noggin. This is what we ended up with. I think it should take a lot of abuse (hopefully I don't test it that extensively.)

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

This is how she's gonna sit for a few weeks. I've got a few other projects I need to get done before the winter hits. This gives me time to stock up on a few more parts also. Couple of 10" slip joints, another harness, steering, triple rate kit for the CO's....etc...etc...

I haven't had any time to work on this thing lately so I just other people to work on it.

My buddy Joe over at Ritchie's Machine Shop in Harrah gave me a killer deal on building some pimped driveshafts. (Shameless plug:redneck:)

shavedriveline.jpg

shane...did u upgrade to a thick tube for the rocks...i did and love it.

emmett

Last edited:
So are you done yet or what??:fawkdancesmiley:

This is where I normally would try to shift the focus on you by saying something about your dwarf hands or something. BUT...I will man up and tell the truth.

NO. No, I am not done.:flipoff:

By the way, hows that new link setup workin' out?:redneck:

Well i'm glad you could refrain:fawkdancesmiley:

I think it will work out now. It usually takes me 3 tries anyway.:haha:

If it takes me three times, I'm going to park it and build another rig:haha:

I got the CO springs, ordered another harness, and a stick of toooob for the front bumper. Can I take another two months off from it now?

You need to have it on the trail by the middle of January.

Yeah, I know...... It really should be done by then but I will probably be shaking down in the middle of Jan. Not really ideal but I'll just cross my fingers reeeeeal hard.

I've been pluggin away at the small stuff. The steering is done, just waiting for tie rod ends to come. ARB/compressor/air lines/switches are 99% done. I just need to throw the batt in there and test them then loom everything up. The Fuel system is done and I fired it the other day. So far so good.

I finally have my CO spring problem figured out, at least well enough for the winter.

Thanks to DPD and Nate Sack we got the 4.7 kit in the rear case and I got them re-installed.

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

A lil grindage to clear the the big gear (yes. Big Gear is the tech term. Look it up.)

IMG_1424.jpg

Other than that I don't really have any pics. I'll try to find something interesting and take some.:D

We got a ton of "small things" knocked out this weekend. Thanks NateSack and DPD!

Wiring is 100%. Ran into some issues but the ARB is 100%. Interior is 90%. I just need to wire the dome light :evil6: and put the CB in (waaaay down on the priority list right now.)

IMG_1744.jpg

With the exception of cotter pins, the steering is done. Huge thanks to Rocktoy/Ritchie's Machine Shop for the hookup on the steering arms. I love em!!!! The bumpstop in the pic is a left over from the PO and is getting redone also. This finish/paint looks funny cause it was about 10 degrees when I shot it on there for the pic.

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

Pun built me a nice, new tie rod to clear the oil pan. It's pretty beefy and used 1 ton TRE's.

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

Rear axle winch is 100%. I know.... :jerkit: Humor me though. I get excited about the little things.:redneck:

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

The rear tires hit the bed so it needs cut out some more. I've got the old mounts cut off and the new ones ready. I also got the rear frame cut off and the rear bumper cut and ready to weld in.

Just for JayW, I left at least some lime green on this yota :flipoff:
IMG_1747.jpg

Been a while since I worked on this but I finally got back on it.

I wasn't planning on doveing the bed but the rear quarters just stuck out to far. Originally I just figured that they'd bash in but after really looking at em I don't think I could get them smased that far, they'd just keep getting hung up. I ended up taking 8" out of the back of the bed. Not enough that it really looks doved, but enough to tuck the rear quarters in a bit. I just need to weld in some bracing under the bed and finish the tailgate.

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

I really need a new flash.:D

lookin nice! :awesomework:

thanks

kfinney said:
Please finish this so we can go Looks good Shane

I'm tryin'. The little stuff just seems to take for ever and it's hard to get time during the week. We're goin' to see Zach Hinson at the Sports Center tonight so I'm sure that I won't get anything done tomorrow either:beer:

JennaJ says that she may even go up with us if I don't drive like an ahole.:redneck:

Latest posts