• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Another iron in the fire

Going but slow. I can cut the **** out of stuff, haha, but putting back everything back together to make it all work will be interesting. I can handle the sheet metal no problem as i am a body/paint guy but designing the frame I cut out and link system might be a pain in my ass.

I have all my heims and a ruff stuff upper horizontal link mount but plan to build everything else. Talked to longevity today and are hoping to get the welder I ordered back in stock January 20th.

Back half of the body starting to take shape again. Just self tappers holding it together for now.

Take the time and dial that pinion in, then set your backlash proper..you will be much happier...:awesomework:

I did what i could with the pinion, couldn't really get any better. I appreciate your advice but already had my pinion bearing pressed on and crush sleeve crushed to proper pinion bearing pre-load before reading your reply. So kinda stuck with what I have. Probably won't get anything other than trail miles so I hope to be alright.

Still waiting on my welder before any real progress can be made. Getting very impatient now. I did clean the rear toyota axle housing off of all the brackets and got the rear axle bearing pressed off in preparation of a disc swap. Not going to use this axle on the runner but will makena good spare for one of my other crawlers.

Thanks. Hopelly it turns out out good once welded, IF MY WELDER EVER SHOWS UP. They are finally back in stock at longevity so expecting it at my door any day now. If I didn't get a good price on it I would have cancelled and bought something else.

Well ****. Email I just received from john at longevity:
Good morning Justin,

Although showing in stock on our site, the 200s is still out of inventory we had expect arrival on the units Feb 8, but due to a labor dispute between union dockworkers and the ports, we aren't expecting to see our shipment until 3/3. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and all of our other customers who are waiting on this unit.:wtf:

So here's to some more waiting:beer:

6 months later my welder is about 50 miles away in Spokane but won't be here until Monday. Oh well, going on a wheeling camping trip this weekend. :beer:

Welder finally at its new home and set up. Need to pick up a bottle of 75/25 and a 220 v extension.

Been in the middle of other projects so found a little temporary motivation while progress has stopped.

Hard to tell in the pic, but there is about 2 inches between the headreasts and glass at the closest point. Will have a nice little storage spot for tools behind the rear seats.

Few more, will probably end up cutting more holes back in the bed when I start adding tube.

And a template for the next piece to go in.

Took a little break from sheet metal work and got back on my rear axle. Using the ruffstuff horizontal mount axle bracket started working on a template for a truss.