• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

another tragedy in the sport

Damn that's right down the road from me..anybody got more details of what happened??

I hate to hear this. One of the things we tried to make most important for the upcoming race was safety. I know we all want the best seat for the show, but please be safe first and spectate second.

They are strict on the spectators. They need to tighten up on the racers entourage crowd. The racers kids, family, buddies, photographers, and racers that aren't running at the time are the ones in the line of fire. Just because you race or your buddy races bla bla bla shouldn't make you exempt from the safety rules. Period.

pholmann said:
They are strict on the spectators. They need to tighten up on the racers entourage crowd. The racers kids, family, buddies, photographers, and racers that aren't running at the time are the ones in the line of fire. Just because you race or your buddy races bla bla bla shouldn't make you exempt from the safety rules. Period.

Exactly. Noticed this alot at the SRRS windrock race this past year..... they lined up the buggies and told everyone to stay behind the buggies for safety but after about 10 min there would be 30+ people in front of the buggies. And your right it was always the..... thats my buddy or family members

highrolrcustoms said:
Perfect example from the Showtime VS Violator last weekend. Plowboy took a nasty roll and people are running to him before he is fully stopped..... then a guy come in on the right side of the screen and gets down in front of the buggy to pick stuff up
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy72rusAvgk

I noticed that first time I saw the video. When someone's adrenaline is at that level, holding a hand up to say hey, hang on a minute while my buddy crawls under your rig while your still on the clock, isn't sufficient.

I remember several years ago, Clyde letting CJ and all his buddies sit on the side of cable hill with their legs basically dangling down into the trail, while they were threatening anyone else who came within 5 feet of the caution tape. Just because you are in the know, doesn't make you invincible. I know this doesn't Pertain to the recent tragedy directly, but I'll never forget how stupid that was. Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

**** like this is going to get it shut down permanently. I hate it for scotty and I hate it for the family of the guy that died. I just hope there was no drugs or alcohol involved. What is good for the goose needs to be good for the gander. All people should be behind the designated lines. Period! The racer who's run it is should be the only one inside the tape. Notice any real sanctioned race series (outside of offroading) does not allow anyone in the danger zone.

Scott goforth ran over and killed one of his buddy's at the starting line of a hill climb is what I keep hearing. The guy ran in front of the buggy and Scott didn't see him. This came from a pretty reliable source but like any second hand info it's subject to not being 100% accurate because I wasn't there. Just know the driver was goforth.

I saw this during the weekend on FB, and have sent prayers up a few times as I've seen it.

While tragedies can and will continue to happen... Look folks. There's no such thing as BAD safety gear. Period. I'll spare the thread here since it's more of a prayer thread, and I hope you all will too... There's a time and place for name calling, but this kind thread is not it.

I agree that it is terrible was has happened and dont wish this on anyone. But, This is in my backyard and didn't hear of any kind of event going on.
Just saying, some of us don't FaceTube

That's a shame I hope all people involved can handle the situation and turn to God if they need support. I can't imagine having any part of something like that.

I didn't even know there was a park there.

1F8C6608-73FC-4530-B745-887864F873B2_zpsyyhgt6ox.png