• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any horse riders out there??

Here are my two... The gray is my rescue Joey a 11 year old arabian cross pony. He has about 30 days on him... And the bay is my 3 year old filly Ally a breeding stock paint. Whom I also rescued... She is my princess, I have had her since she was 4 months old. I had to edit the picture cuz Joey liked Ally a bit to much for family viewing... :;
Image45-1.jpg

I used to ride on drill teams with 2 of the horses I had, but had to put one down after 10 years together he was my frist horse, after a freak accident on a trail ride; and the other broke a rib during a performance and after healing the vet said he will never be rideable again so he is in a retirement home with a friend of mine.

I used to be a balls to the wall sliding in sideways covered in mud and bruises kind of cowgirl but after 15 years of not taking care of my body time has caught up with me and I hurt all the time. So now I am more careful and try to keep myself bruise free and on the horses. I do look forward to the occasional bronc ride when training horses, keeps my staying in the saddle skills up to parr!

Ashes you have one beautiful horse.... I love bays...

I cant wait until Busted gets a horse of his own so we can go riding together... Just need to find a husband safe one so he dont hurt himself tooo much... :redneck:

:cool: And I carry big chainsaw in case they try to touchy :cool:

:awesomework: oh and a shovel so that their parts are never found :awesomework:

Last edited:
hey if im BP (bustedpinion)
and your BG (bustedsgirl)
then if our son signs up as BustedsSon, we can call him BS hahahhaha thats so fitting for him!:haha:

I wish I had a trailer, I'd say we should get a group of NW-Wheeler horse riders together and go for a trail ride.

Hey, I just noticed you're from Woodinville - that's where I went to high school! I've been in California the past 3 years for college, but I'm moving back up next month after I graduate, so it'd be neat to get to know other horse people in the area. Any suggestions on good places to ride? I used to ride with an instructor out in Snohomish, but I'm hoping for something closer.

I know that my wife Marnie, has ridden at the bridle trails park in/near kirkland, there is also "Lords hill park" between snohomish and monroe, among other places that I personally dont know, but can ask my wife about when she is alert(sleeping on the couch at the moment)

who did you ride with in snohomish? It mainly depends on what your looking to spend, how much you want to ride and what discipline you want to ride in... I can give you some suggestions if i know what your looking for.

spidertoy: thats awesome, we're (ruffian23 and I) just 2 blocks from bridle trails, near the bowling alley.

My fiance was just in the paper................

2004436986.jpg

Seattle Times
"At home on the range
Renee Pollock rounds up a couple strays during Island Farms' semi-annual cattle drive between pastures on Ebey Island east of Everett. The drive covers approximately one-quarter mile and involves 150-200 head of cattle."

Last edited:
We should try to get a group of NWW trail riders out for a trail ride. I am sure with some leg work we can come up with some people with trailers near by that will either let us hitch a ride and pay some for gas or let their trailer be borrowed.

I am a part of a few horse rescue forums also and there are tons of trail riders on there. Just gotta put a post up asking about a trail ride and if anyone has room or willing to loan out their trailer. 9 times out of 10 they will be up for a trail ride and willing to pick someone up for a fee for gas...

There are tons of trails around, you just have to know where they are and how to get to them. I used to ride out in Enumclaw by the Rock Quarrie with a friend last year before she moved to Arizona. That one is a bit long (you can ride all the way to Mud Mt from there by GreenWater) and a lot of work on the horse (alot of up hill walking on narrow trails and very rocky at the start). There are nice trails in Fall City across from the arena there, Tiger Mt, Cougar Mt, Swak Mt, Mud Mt, GreenWater and a few others I dont know the names to. I mainly rode on the Soos Creek trail in Kent as it was riding distance from my barn and at the time I didnt have a truck and trailer or other trail riding friends.

I kick myself for selling my trailer but cant undo it now... :mad: :mad: :mad: I am sure if I ask around the barn and a few friends I might be able to come up with a trailer to borrow and maybe someone who knows more trails around the NW area.

ruffian23- There are tons of trainers but you gotta do your homework on them. I know a few that people swear by but I would never let them near my horse let alone tell me how to ride. There are tons of very creditable trainers and barns out there in all disaplines. On the east side there are more English and Dressage trainers. Western trainers are harder to find, most people dont want to take Western lessons unless you are learning to rein, pen, sort, barrel race or game. Craigslist is a good place to look or post an add looking.:cheer: