• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any issues with Steering valve INSIDE cab?

I had issues with using hard 3/8 brake line flared to 37* jic. It may have been a bad flare or the tube was not supported enough along the chassis. Soft lines for me now.
You can use 1" or 1.5" tubular nylon webbing to sleeve the line near the occupants.

jmh78 said:
There are several threads also on the not so pleasent but very popular site. I guess the theory is that if any air gets into the system at all then it will go to the high point and get trapped. It takes a lot of fluid velocity to sweep it out and most of the time becomes entrained in the fluid and results in a froth. PSC has some recommendations on orentation in regards to hoses also. At a minimum I would un bolt the orbital and lay it lower than the resivor for initial fill and cycle. Then once that is done bolt it back in place.

We had issues getting air trapped in the lines with my brother's old rig being that his valve was the highest point in the system. His valve was mounted such that the fittings were pointing downwards. We flipped it over so the valves pointed up and it was instantly solved. The theory being that now the air would rise into the lines and get swept away to the resi where it was then harmless.

The article above about the dangers is spot on. My wife works at the hospital, and she was telling me a story just last week of a guy who accidentally sprayed acetone from a paint spray gun into his finger at VERY close range. His finger swelled up about 3x the size due to fluid in the tissue. The surgeon said he was probably going to lose the finger.