• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody done a SYE on a np208

71blazer

I'm building a cj7 based crawler with a 5.3l a th350 and a np208 but even with the wheelbase stretched to 108 my rear drive shaft is 18 inches long and at it limits of travel without flexing any. Is there any other transfer case that's shorter that will bolt to a 350 turbo? I have had a 205 before but the low side sucks the 2.0 ratio just isn't enough and I'm not spending a fortune on a low max kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

They make them for the 208. IMO the 208 is a great case. Housing isn't as tough as the 205 or 203 but its a good transfer case and has a great low range

Check and see if you can find np208 case for a dodge. You have to use the back half of the dodge case for it to work but it will fit and its a fixed yoke setup from the factory.

Running 208 in my jeep, have had to change 1 chain other then that no problems. Mine came out of a 82 j20 and already had 1330 fixed yokes. Then u could do the same swap as the dodge if one can be found.

Those dodge 208's are hard to find and the rear tail housing has a different bolt pattern. I was just concerned that the bearings and other guts would be hard to change out to try and mate the dodge and Chevy cases

I'm bout to ditch the slip yoke on a 208. I've got a 86 dodge case put back but loader forks and silver bullets busted the back half.
I thought the bolt pattern
was the same. ??
The guts in the dodge are still good though.