• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody got a NP231J from a YJ laying around that they would like to sell

Do you have any pics of the damage?

I have one, but it has the Tera-low 4:1 kit in it. So the front half is different, which is probably the side you need. The planetary gears are messed up in it, those tera-low kits just didn't hold up to hard use. It still has some salvageable parts in it though, like the sye and it has a 2w low selector in it.
Also it is a 27 spline input. Yours may be a 23 seeing how it is behind a 4cyl, I'm not real sure about that though. Either way I may can help with damage too.
I was mistaken. The tc I have is a 23 spline input.

So I picked up an extra 231J from Smalls yesterday. I'm gonna see if I can make 1 good case from the 3 I've got now lol. Big thanks to Smalls for the great deal!

So I picked up an extra 231J from Smalls yesterday. I'm gonna see if I can make 1 good case from the 3 I've got now lol. Big thanks to Smalls for the great deal!
Bleepin Jeep has a few write ups on sye kits and hybrid cases that show exactly how they all go together and what to watch for. You might check them out

I pulled mine from my 2.5l 97 model TJ to swap entries for another 231 with the Teralow kit and a SYE added. First ride has been awesome! I left the old one at the garage in GA that did the swap for me. I could ask if he still has it.

I pulled mine from my 2.5l 97 model TJ to swap entries for another 231 with the Teralow kit and a SYE added. First ride has been awesome! I left the old one at the garage in GA that did the swap for me. I could ask if he still has it.

Sounds good. I think I'm good, but if you could check on it just in case that would be great.

I finally figured it out, well at least I think I did, still gotta put it back together and get it in the Jeep. But I'm pretty positive this should fix it. The bearing that input/planetary gear rides on is thicker in my original case. So this whole time it was the planetary sliding back and forth and losing engagement.
0717201845.jpg