• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody on here work at Redstone in Huntsville??

truckbroke

Just wondering if anyone on here works at Redstone arsenal. I have been looking at a few jobs there on USAJOBs and was wondering how is the place and surrounding areas,schools etc..

I don't work on the arsenal but I've worked in Huntsville most of my life. Huntsville is a pretty good city. Everywhere has a bad part of town but Huntsville is contained to one area. Most schools are pretty good. I don't know what age your kids are but stay away from Butler high district. Huntsville high or Grissom area used to be pretty good. Madison is a good area as well. Or move out of town to new market or another town outside of Huntsville if you like the county

I don`t wanna live in the city. I currently live on 10 acres in the country so that`d be around about what I`d be looking for. I looked at some surrounding city`s like Arab and Hazel green (never been through them though). I`ve been to Cullman and it seems nice but seems like it might be a nice drive from Redstone. I`ll be honest I`ve lived where I am most of my life and I know everybody. Typical small town stuff, good back roads to ride, know everybody, lot of friends and family but, I`m getting fed up with the population ratio (to be political). I look at the census here and its like 70/30 them. The more I look at the census in the surrounding towns there its the other way around and even better in places like Cullman and such. I DO NOT want to move if I`m just going to another problem place that's ate up with damn low lifes. I understand that no place is perfect but, its really gotten thugged out down here. The mall is bad, restaurants are ate up with bad service and entitlement problems. I really just want to be in a good area, nice and clean. Hell I`m all for towns that carry stricter code enforcements if its what keeps people from having trash strung all over the place for the neighbors to have to look at. Just trying to get a little feed back from folks that can kinda see where I`m coming from.

Look at priceville , Somerville, Arab, hartselle, maysville, gurley, New market , or new hope for places that aren't too dark and out in the county

I grew up in hazel green good small town it is growing pretty good now with Madison and harvest getting crowded if you were planning on the arsenal depends on what gate you could use to come in bc there is lots of cheap land to the south like priceville,tanner, greenbrier, lacy springs new hope

Re:

I got a brother in law that works there as a contractor. Works in the diesel shop. He may have some inside your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

94Blazer327 said:
Look at priceville , Somerville, Arab, hartselle, maysville, gurley, New market , or new hope for places that aren't too dark and out in the county

Whats the County that most of these are falling in?

I`ve looking on Google maps at the towns yall listed and then looking at Census.Gov. So far they look pretty promising.. I know sometimes its good to have some local input though on stuff to stay away from.

ROKTOY829 said:
I got a brother in law that works there as a contractor. Works in the diesel shop. He may have some inside your looking for.

I`d be curious as to how he feels about the place over all and, how they do things as to how we do things here at my base. Atmosphere of the place.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

muddinmetal said:
Guntersville is an hour away :****:

Harvest, Ardmore, Union Grove, Morgan City, Lacey Spring all offer county living.

Whats Guntersville??

Is hwy 53 like tornado alley or something? Ardmore is at the Tennessee line. Is that a pretty good area...

I've got some of the same questions as the OP. I've been looking at jobs in the Huntsville area.

I currently live in a small town, and would like that feel with decent schools. Would be looking to stay more on the north side, due to travel back to Middle TN for family.

I have a 6 year old and newborn and would need something that would be appropriate, also with a decent hospital somewhat close by.

I've also noticed that the housing market in the area isn't so great. Seen some houses on the market for more that a year. What's up with that.

Thanks

natedawgxj said:
The lake... Its beautiful... and yes around 53 is tornado alley just like where i live... Ive saw 2 big ones in my life destroy alot and thats just the ones ive seen.

Gotcha. Yeah I seen the same thing about the housing. Kinda sparaticly priced to. I have 10 and 8 year old little girls.

So whats the opinions on the best locations around Huntsville North, East , or South. A lot of the places you guys are naming around in all directions. Is it just safe to say they surrounding areas around Huntsville are pretty good to go? Haven`t heard anybody mention much about anything West of Huntsville.

Re:

I know a lot of guys that commute from Eva and Falkville, Hartselle areas. Just depends on how long a drive you are willing to commit to. 45 minutes from Cullman was too long a drive for me. I always said under 30 minutes and in was ok, but that is just me.

Hartselle has a good school system and is 30 or so minutes from Huntsville. Eva and Falkville are small towns and the schools aren't as well equipped.

In my opinion. North or Northeast of Huntsville is the best, Hazel Green or Buckhorn School Districts
Towns like Hazel Green, Meridianville, and New Market
I live in Hazel Green at the TN state line and it is an easy commute (30 minutes) to west Huntsville.

West of Huntsville is Madison. Those two have grown on top of each other to the point you can hardly tell when you leave one and run into the other.
Madison is nice and has good school districts but has is more expensive and a little "uppity" for lack of a better term. Madison runs over (and into) Limestone County

Here's a thread with some more information.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=51240.0

I've been told that Madison is the place to be, for area, schools etc.. But I'm not really interested in living in a cookie cutter neighbourhood on 0.3 acres with HOA rules.

From what I've gathered so far, most areas around Huntsville are decent minus some of the more ghetto areas. It also starts turning more rural 25-30min outside town.

Of course I'm talking to people that may have different views and opinions than the majority on the board.

The places I named were Madison and Morgan co. Ardmore is hwy 53. Dunno if they get hit by naders but you don't want to drive that cluster **** everyday I promise you.

That's kinda what I'm thinking about the commute. 30 minutes or less. Here's another question. I keep saying what's the best places but hell what's the area's to stay away from. Whether it's ghettos or just white trash. I don't want to be cluttered up. I really wouldn't have less than 5 acres wherever I went. I just wanna be away from white trash and :JRich: as much as possible. That Hazel green area keeps coming up as well as the Arab. Dead north and south. Lol.. I ain't never been to Huntsville. Is it a decent place to do ****..