• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody on here work at Redstone in Huntsville??

Re:

Arab ha a different breed of folks depending in where you are. I owned a bar there and it was interesting to say the least.

Huntsville is decent to do most anything.

Every place in the county meaning all those areas have pockets of white trash. You'll just have to look for some houses and ride out to check them out. You won't find any :JRich: out in the county usually

Yeah with the way it's setup now if you're not a disabled veteran it's really tough to get on at a base. I got on back in 03 before it changed. I put in for a few management jobs. We'll see..

I'm 5 point war vet ( I think it's 5 point can't remember) and I can't get a **** you or nothin out of them. Gave up years ago. Got a job at the KW dealer and I'm happy. Plus I don't have to deal with all that damn traffic.

Gotta have that resume tight. Training (with dates and hrs),awards. Alot of people leave that stuff off and leave alot of points on the table.

Re:

I work at limestone prison and it's been hit by 2 tornadoes since 2012, stay off of nick Davis Rd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I live in new market northeast of Huntsville. It's a great place, good schools, and the commute is not bad to the arsenal. I've got a few buddies that work on the arsenal they seem to like it.

I live in south huntsville and have lived here all my life. the rougher sections of town would be north/northeast huntsville area would be the rougher sections of town. huntsville has a great school district as does madison county. if you are wanting acreage then look out in the county like most have mentioned.

As for working on the arsenal. My wife has been an engineer out there for many years and the same for my sister. I am an engineer off base so not much input to base life. As far as traffic into the base gate 9 Rideout rd/research park is a cluster bomb every morning so be warned about that as its the main gate to get into the arsenal from the north west or east of huntsville. Coming in from the south you will come in through gate 3 redstone rd.

Don't work on the Arsenal but from the area. I'm between Huntsville/New Market. Several others on here in the same area. Went to Madison County Schools, (Riverton then Buckhorn). From what I know/heard if and when I have kids I will have them in county schools. No complaints really in this area. Living in New Market will put you anywhere from 20-40 minutes from the Arsenal depending on the gate and how deep in New Market you go. The "Riverton" area is just as good but getting a little crowded. Puts you 10-20 minutes closer to town. Traffic going into Huntsville isn't great but it's improving. Going home is about the same. I don't plan on leaving this area unless something changes. Hazel Green, Gurley, Meridianville, all in the same area on the map overall and none are bad areas in my opinion.

I have been on the arsenal for about 13 years as a contractor. I grew up in New hope. There are several great areas around Huntsville to live and be in the country. Personally I like being able to piss off the back porch, fire off some rounds of ammo, or raise some hell on the dirtbike and not worry about anything. I currently live in Scottsboro, which is Jackson County. As stated above, new hope, new market, Guntersville, owens cross roads, gurley are all good spots to settle. Huntsville offers all you want. Take a short drive to Guntersville and you have some of the best fishing around. Plus you have several good wheeling spots fairly close. My son goes to Woodville school. It is a very small community and many of the families are on not very well off but they are all great people. They still prey in school and are genuinely down home country folks.

88pathy said:
I have been on the arsenal for about 13 years as a contractor. I grew up in New hope. There are several great areas around Huntsville to live and be in the country. Personally I like being able to piss off the back porch, fire off some rounds of ammo, or raise some hell on the dirtbike and not worry about anything. I currently live in Scottsboro, which is Jackson County. As stated above, new hope, new market, Guntersville, owens cross roads, gurley are all good spots to settle. Huntsville offers all you want. Take a short drive to Guntersville and you have some of the best fishing around. Plus you have several good wheeling spots fairly close. My son goes to Woodville school. It is a very small community and many of the families are on not very well off but they are all great people. They still prey in school and are genuinely down home country folks.

Cool!! How is the work atmosphere on the arsenal?? Do you guys have a repair depot? What do you guys mostly do out there? Is it weapons or equipment. I work down here at the Marine Corp repair depot. We rebuild all the Marine Corp equipment including guns etc..

truckbroke said:
Cool!! How is the work atmosphere on the arsenal?? Do you guys have a repair depot? What do you guys mostly do out there? Is it weapons or equipment. I work down here at the Marine Corp repair depot. We rebuild all the Marine Corp equipment including guns etc..

They are throwing up new buildings daily. I run the repair depot for the M3P .50 cal machine gun used on the Avengers and the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior helicopters. Work for us is getting slow since they decommissioned the Kiowa. We are working on getting other platforms in here to work on. We have other teams in our complex that work on other projects and equipment for the military. We were hit pretty hard with defense budget cuts but we are still floating. Whats your background? I know quite a few people spread out around the base in different areas of work. PM me if youd like.