• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody start seeds inside?

Toddy

Have read up on it alittle but wanting opinions. Not planning on anything crazy just tomatoes and pepers mainly. Just kinda something I've been want to do. Another excuse to drink beer and hang out in garage.

Is it worth it or just buy plants and rock out. Kinda like to do some harder to find stuff but don't want to have a fortune in a bunch of plants I can give away.

Those that do it what's your set up and how soon you start your seeds.

I got a white oak growing on my kitchen table ! Started it in water when it sprouted and kept outgrowing the containers I had it in I finally put it in a pot with dirt its sprouted 5-6 leaves since then! Prob waisting my time but who else has a damn oak tree on their table?

yeah I have a mini greenhouse with a warmer pad i start mine one usually start a few extras in case they dont go. I have tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans and broccoli starting right now

al1tonyota said:
I got a white oak growing on my kitchen table ! Started it in water when it sprouted and kept outgrowing the containers I had it in I finally put it in a pot with dirt its sprouted 5-6 leaves since then! Prob waisting my time but who else has a damn oak tree on their table?

I collected a bunch of white oak acorns last year then I forgot about them. From what I have read, white oaks take 15-20 years to produce. Really thinking about finding some saw tooth oaks to plant. I hear they grow fast and deer love them.

85toyo said:
I collected a bunch of white oak acorns last year then I forgot about them. From what I have read, white oaks take 15-20 years to produce. Really thinking about finding some saw tooth oaks to plant. I hear they grow fast and deer love them.
I have also heard about the sawtooth but hope to be here 10-15 yrs from now and have a good tree that I grew ?
If I come across some sawtooth acorns I'll prob grow some of them also.

I spend all day helping people grow stuff, by the time I get home I could care less about growing stuff. My wife however loves it. The coolest thing about starting from seed is that you can get some really cool "heritage" vegetables. You can buy any kind of seed you want on the interwebz. It is a lot more work and more tedious but whatever floats your boat. Kinda like built vs. bought. I buy my plants and set them and fertilize the piss out of them cause I just don't care about the miracle of a seedlings life. I want okra and tomatoes and cucumbers and peppers. Start with good seed and put them in a good environment (right moisture, light, temp, nutrients, soil, etc)

BUG-E J said:
His **** aint got no seeds! :****:
That's My nigga!!!! Hell I haven't seen a seed in probably for five years! If I find a seed now I'll smoke that fuker. Haha. Hell, probably be a three or four dollar seed! Wrap them ****ers in some toilet paper or paper towel, keep them wet, or moist anyway, must say on the top of the refrigerator for a few days, maybe close to a week.. Should have a lil sprout outta the seeds pretty fast. I gave up on that **** out a high school.. Didn't take me long to realize, The only thing worth a **** is from California:. Just let them colored folks drive and get it and pay a lil more. That's my moto. Pipe shame on u son, I told you I was in my garage making history! Now Walk outside, you may be able to smell it now a the way from here. :smoke:

All of my heirloom seeds are started inside before transplanting.

Some will stay inside all season, going to try a little comparison growing between the hydroponic/temperature controlled grow room and the outdoor garden.

One that I am really excited about comparing (and hopefully pushing past its "normal" size) is the Carolina cross watermelon. Sombitch is gonna be huge.

And for y'all talking about those other seeds....if you're not growing indoors, you're either wasting expensive seeds or are fine with mexican ditch weed. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT

Buddy of mines old party house got so good tweeds popped up beside the front porch in the gutter runoff mud from us sweepin out the house.

bigsilly said:
Oregon, :****:

been to amsterdam, morroco,detroit , buddy brought some back from cali, best came from auburn alabama ( agriculture school...duh) detroit close second. Sorry to derail. But I just start my seeds early spring in the garden