• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody use the 13.5cc KRC pumps

Yes they are the same. AN just stands for Army/Navy. There are some oddball 45 degree seat JIC out there. Usually found on construction equipment. Standard AN, JIC stuff is 37 degree seat.

JIC's thread profile, the shape of the actual threads, is slightly different than AN. The pitches are the same and they will thread interchangeably, but the way the male thread mates with the female is weaker on JIC (don't quote me on this, its been a while since I read about it) by like 20%. Then when you combine AN with JIC it gets weaker to the tune of about 35%. There is a quasi-famous airline crash with deaths that they traced back to a broken JIC fitting that was used where AN was spec'ed.

Then to complicate matters worse, many JIC fitting manufacturers market their fittings as AN. So even if you are buying AN a lot of the time you are getting JIC.

I buy them and interchange the piss out of them, don't care about the thread profiles. But It was interesting reading for me back about 4 years ago when I found the engineering article about it.

Crank pulley is 6.5", steering pulley is 6", Motor is spinning max of 7,000 if I can catch it in time.

bushhog750 said:
I haven't even begun to look that far ahead. The guys name that helped me so much is Roger to the OP you may wanna call him if you got questions. And unlike other companies if you leave a message he will call you back. It's dirt car season here in GA so they might be busier than normal but Roger is a hell of a guy.
By the way, thanks for that info! :)

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

Been using a cast iron KRC pump on my friends supercharged 3.8 buggy for over a year and a half with no issues. Pulley diamaters are 7.156 crank and 4.2 on the pump. On the limiter thats over 10,000 rpm pump speed. With KRC being more prevelant in the stock car racing world I'd say they are more concerned with constant use at high rpm. I'm sure they wouldn't recommend the set up I outlined above but so far so good.

drivermod said:
Been using a cast iron KRC pump on my friends supercharged 3.8 buggy for over a year and a half with no issues. Pulley diamaters are 7.156 crank and 4.2 on the pump. On the limiter thats over 10,000 rpm pump speed. With KRC being more prevelant in the stock car racing world I'd say they are more concerned with constant use at high rpm. I'm sure they wouldn't recommend the set up I outlined above but so far so good.

That is exactly my thoughts also! I dont think its that big of an issue on short term bursts on a bouncer than like a roundy round rig. I think im gonna do the 6" pulley though. Does yours steer quick and smooth like its set up?

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

Cornbread Customs said:
That is exactly my thoughts also! I dont think its that big of an issue on short term bursts on a bouncer than like a roundy round rig. I think im gonna do the 6" pulley though. Does yours steer quick and smooth like its set up?

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????
Yes, it works great. I have the same pump on my buggy with a 7.5" crank pulley (406 sbc) and a 6" pump pulley. Steering is great even at an idle.

I talked to Roger at krc today. He informed me that the cast iron pumps flow more than the aluminum pumps. The cast flows 13.6cc and I believe he said the aluminum is only 9.6cc. The cast pump is only $150.00 and we would need a new pulley for whatever serpentine belt system you are running. I didn't ask how much pulleys were, but he said they were having great success with the cast pumps.

bushhog750 said:
I talked to Roger at krc today. He informed me that the cast iron pumps flow more than the aluminum pumps. The cast flows 13.6cc and I believe he said the aluminum is only 9.6cc. The cast pump is only $150.00 and we would need a new pulley for whatever serpentine belt system you are running. I didn't ask how much pulleys were, but he said they were having great success with the cast pumps.

That would make perfect sense bein that the aluminum are rated for 9,000 r's I havent called them just yet as i have made it to that point with everything i have goin on.
Thanks for the info man!!

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

I'm nearing the end of my 5.3 build and will be getting my pump in about a week or so. I'm going to meet with roger to pick up my pump and pulley. I will post Amy additional information if your interested in it cornbread.

bushhog750 said:
I'm nearing the end of my 5.3 build and will be getting my pump in about a week or so. I'm going to meet with roger to pick up my pump and pulley. I will post Amy additional information if your interested in it cornbread.

That would be awesome man, i appreciate your .02 cents
I am definitely gonna be runnin these pumps for sure, but wanted a lil feedback to see the ins and outs to make sure i went the right direction the first time. Im a lil behind gettin to order them just yet cause i been on vacation with my kids for the last 5 weeks :)

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

Got around to do this last night

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 107