• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody watching TopTruck Challenge?

Re:

tonybolton said:
Damn......Lotta Rockwell stuff breakin at this event.

http://youtu.be/akSpPnmTMLM

Looks like a couple of those guys are trying to run stock axle shafts. No way they will hold up to rigs of that size and weight with those tires and power.

Also some of these guys throw a build together last min and go compete in a rig they have Lil or no time in.....that's crazy to me.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Kinda what I was thinkin to.....those 54's must be hell on parts.

Oh they are...I learned that real fast. I could break shafts just by pulling off the trailer lol

How much work would it take for the bouncers to get their engines water proofed enough to do this? Not sure I would do it just for that reason.

WTH said:
How much work would it take for the bouncers to get their engines water proofed enough to do this? Not sure I would do it just for that reason.

Well they changed the rules couple years back. Now you have to have a " full body" rig with a fire wall. It can be all tube chassis but has to have the body panels and a factory production firewall.

TBItoy said:
I guess you missed where TTC is over and they aren't having any more?

I did miss the not having anymore part.

Saw where the event in Hollister Hills is no more. I highly doubt they do away with the event, even if it is named different and in a different location.

FlatlandFSJ said:
I did miss the not having anymore part.

Saw where the event in Hollister Hills is no more. I highly doubt they do away with the event, even if it is named different and in a different location.

True, I'm sure there are other "giant truck" competitions somewhere.

Re: Re: Anybody watching TopTruck Challenge?

They were supposed to run a buggy class too, but I guess that died a quick death.

It would be cool to move it around like UA. Most of the guys competing this yr are Canadian.

I think it's funny how he keeps saying that 47s are small tires but hasn't mentioned anything about the guy running 43SXs.

I used to have some on VHS .. I watched them growing up wishin i had an offroad rig. 20 years later I do. One that I remember in particular, dude had a white Sammy with a V8.. Dam. Any TTC gurus remember that lil beast? Think the tank trap got him ..
#willmissyouTTC

The one that sticks out in my mind was the red TJ with the Viper V10 in it. Think it was only on like 38s, but that was a long time ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I guess you missed where TTC is over and they aren't having any more?

This was one of those events I had always wanted to do since I was young.

On the plus side it will save me a ton of money lol.......assuming I had gotten picked.

Yea from everything iv read that still gonna run it just somewhere else and change name. I used to want to run it now. I hate mud!!! Screw that deep ****. And dude is running 42 inch sx tires and been winning surprisingly but he got a stout rig and a local

kushKrawlin said:
I used to have some on VHS .. I watched them growing up wishin i had an offroad rig. 20 years later I do. One that I remember in particular, dude had a white Sammy with a V8.. Dam. Any TTC gurus remember that lil beast? Think the tank trap got him ..
#willmissyouTTC

This one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-14-21-21-17-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-14-21-21-17-1.png
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 122