• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone fluent in military administrative stuff?

P

If its free, its P
Long story short the bonus I was supposed to get on this contract didn't get pushed through and I haven't got paid for a drill this year and they say I still owe money from being overpaid while I was on orders in Texas at this point I just want to be out of uniform. it has cost me enough money over the last few years and it contradicts my railroad job. I have 10 years of service and I know that I am not willing to give them 10 more so it is a mute point for me to continue on. I'm going to talk to my commander today but I know they're not going to want to let me out. Do I have any options?

How long is left on the contract? I'm assuming this is the reserves? It's been 30+ years since I got out, back then there was something called "Inactive Service". You were still on the books but received no pay and the time didn't get added to your record. The catch was they could call you anytime for no reason. Not sure if it's still around or not.

ForMud said:
How long is left on the contract? I'm assuming this is the reserves? It's been 30+ years since I got out, back then there was something called "Inactive Service". You were still on the books but received no pay and the time didn't get added to your record. The catch was they could call you anytime for no reason. Not sure if it's still around or not.

I am familiar with IR (inactive reserve) Yes I am a Reservist now, Ive been Active Army, National Guard and currently 1.5yrs in on a 6yr contract with the Air Force Reserve. I told my Supervisor this morning I wanted a seperarion. He knows my frustration and contract issues as well as current pay problems. Im at drill now so Ill likely get some answers today or tomorrow

Did you at some point draw double pay while in Texas. Did you go to the VA and get established with a service connection and drawing compensation monthly? If this is the case then you will not be able to separate from the Guard until you debt is repaid.

Latest posts