• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone have any advice on how you tell your wife she needs cooking classes?

kushKrawlin

Was just a thought As I was working. Lots of time to think.. And it occurred to me as my stomach was eating my back bone, that this can't go on for the rest of my life. U kiddin me? Hell to tha naw naw naw. But some of you know I have a way with words. Whatever I'm thinkin just comes out . And that ain't good for the "communication" part ...
There's no way to tell your wife and her not get mad is there??? Let's hear it.

Pick out something on youtube, show her the video, and say here, now make this exactly like it is shown here.....

I use youtube to learn how to cook new stuff a lot.

TacomaJD said:
Pick out something on youtube, show her the video, and say here, now make this exactly like it is shown here.....

I use youtube to learn how to cook new stuff a lot.

Know how I know you are gay?

Bahahahahahaha.

But all joking aside, if I can't cook it on the grill or in the microwave, I don't. Being a bachelor is awesome.

Re: Re: Anyone have any advice on how you tell your wife she needs cooking classes?

kushKrawlin said:
I do. A lot. And will everynight till I die. Soon as she learns to keep up the house, pay the bills, work, fix broken **** constantly. Etc etc.
Anyone that still has their balls have any advice? :flipoff1:
Hell yea....you know how the system works!

Maybe send her some recipes you wanna try or "sound good". Or when you go out to eat, suggest to her that she could probably make the same thing...but better.

Lil reverse-ology o'er.

Last resort would be cooking together for a lil bit....then backing off with a "looks like I'm jus in your way....have at it!"

creepycrawly said:
Know how I know you are gay?

Bahahahahahaha.

But all joking aside, if I can't cook it on the grill or in the microwave, I don't. Being a bachelor is awesome.

Ain't nuttin' gay about some good eatin'! I been a bachelor for a while and my first job was cooking in a restaurant, always been able to cook stuff. Most of the time I grill and maybe do one side item like grilled potatoes, and the ole lady cooks whatever else we are eating. If it's on the weekends, that is. I don't get to see her Mon-Fri due to conflicting work schedules, but I rarely have time to cook during the week for schoolwork anyways, so most of the time, if food is cooked at my house, it is prepared by the both of us. I enjoy cooking....because I like to eat. And I'm real picky about how my food is cooked.

Re: Re: Anyone have any advice on how you tell your wife she needs cooking classes?

tonybolton said:
Hell yea....you know how the system works!

Maybe send her some recipes you wanna try or "sound good". Or when you go out to eat, suggest to her that she could probably make the same thing...but better.

Lil reverse-ology o'er.

Last resort would be cooking together for a lil bit....then backing off with a "looks like I'm jus in your way....have at it!"

^^^ Such a sly devil..... :flipoff1:

haha this is great...... you can go about this a few different ways, give up and just cook yourself, only tell her you want meals that are impossible to **** up or last try to cook with her hoping she will picks up on it.

I choose to just cook myself and when she feels froggy or when I'm working late I ask or meals that are easy to make aka hamburger helper. :****:

Beefcake said:
haha this is great...... you can go about this a few different ways, give up and just cook yourself, only tell her you want meals that are impossible to **** up or last try to cook with her hoping she will picks up on it.

I choose to just cook myself and when she feels froggy or when I'm working late I ask or meals that are easy to make aka hamburger helper. :****:

Hey I could nearly live off of hamburger helper's 4 cheese lasagna with white corn and green beans! :****:

Does she follow directions? My wife cooks great but follows recipes to a "T" so its usually good. If recipe is crap food is crap. Find a good cook book or make one with your favorite recipes. My in-laws are prolly the best cooks I know, that is not saying my family is bad just better at different foods. I'm like a long term missionary, "Lord I will put it down if You will keep it down". Haha

Buy an easy cookbook. There are some that are for basic meals. Learn to cook TOGETHER. Then which ever one has the time can do the cooking. :eat:

Re:

My wife isnt much of a cook. And the direct way of telling her that wont work, been there done that, cooked my own damn food for a month lol. She thinks if she doesnt have something that a recipe calls for she can just leave it out, or throw something else in its place, and doesnt understand that you cook diffrent thicknesses of meat diffrent times, so thin cut pork chops= pork jerky, or a thick steak is still mooing at you. If i want a good meal, i cook it myself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tell her a story about someone else who can't cook. Then throw in some examples that may or may not be VERY similar to things she's cooked/ish.

Have your little girl tell her she can't cook. :****:

Seriously, my kids tell my wife all the time that I cook better than she does. :dblthumb:

If you're friends are anything like mine they will direct your wife to this thread posthaste and her cooking will be the least of your worries then. :flipgotcha:

My soon to be has been cooking a lot of new stuff she has been seeing on pinterest or something like that ... all have been awesome so far :dblthumb:

most are very simple recipes and don't take very long to prepare

patooyee said:
If you're friends are anything like mine they will direct your wife to this thread posthaste and her cooking will be the least of your worries then. :flipgotcha:

Hahaha :rolf: