• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone here work for ups or fedex?

I work at the air hub in Louisville. Been there 20 years. I'm not an aircraft mechanic but did load and unload airplanes for a long time. Work in the ramp control center now dispatching load crews.

I work for UPS in the Supply Chain Solutions as a Business Analyst. Been here for 5 years. I design logistic software for the hubs and FSL's across the world :)

scooter60 said:
I work at the air hub in Louisville. Been there 20 years. I'm not an aircraft mechanic but did load and unload airplanes for a long time. Work in the ramp control center now dispatching load crews.

Ahhh, that explains why my luggage gets lost when I fly out of Louisville! Your dispatching,,, :flipoff1:

Just kidding, scooters good peeps, even if he does run ORIs :stir:

Eric04 said:
Looking to chat with someone about working on those big things that fly through the air

Is it a UPS/FedEx question or aircraft mechanic question? I have aircraft mechanic license and have worked in the industry. Might be able to answer it.

Re:

Mechanic

Just trying to figure out what the best way to go about applying...obviously there needs to openings but what exactly are they looking for

If your interested in a job in Louisville I would say that an A&P is must and submit an application on upsjobs.com. That site may only help with package handlers. If so, you could try the employment center on National Turnpike. I know a lot of people that have jobs as mechanics. I know they require you to pass a test and most start as utility mechanics working weekend heavy maintenance. Doesn't pay great to start but once you move to the line the pay is great so they say.

poolman said:
Ahhh, that explains why my luggage gets lost when I fly out of Louisville! Your dispatching,,, :flipoff1:

Just kidding, scooters good peeps, even if he does run ORIs :stir:

Lol. That's funny. I may have been thinking bout your luggage while running your steering and brake lines today. I hear those are important. Today was my first time so we will see how it goes. ;D

Another thought on the mechanic job at ups.......I have been told by A LOT of people that have been in the commercial airline industry that the maintenance of jets at UPS is second to none. :****: Their maintenence and inspection intervals are way above the FAA requirements. This in turn requires more mechanics at all locations. If I would have know 20 years ago that I would still be there I would have my A&P. Should probably go get it anyway but I've got a good gig and I don't have to work anymore nights. More money in messing with JetA and Skydrol tho.

Re:

I have my a&p with about 1.5 years exp.Ive heard they make you take and pass a mechanic test also.

Call me 901-491-2963

See if I can answer any questions
A&P mechanic 26 years been with FedEx for 19 years

Dan

scooter60 said:

Small world. I work the contractor that does the shuttle buses

Re: Re: Anyone here work for ups or fedex?

Dan Dibble said:
Call me 901-491-2963

See if I can answer any questions
A&P mechanic 26 years been with FedEx for 19 years

Dan
I can tomorrow. I'm on 2nd shift and in MI so when's a good time to call? I can text whenever

I'm days from 6:00-4:30 call anytime before 9:00pm. If I don't answer leave a message with good call back time

Dan

Craig_c said:
Small world. I work the contractor that does the shuttle buses

That would be AirServ. I have not had to ride those in several years and I don't miss it at all. It is a small world, we should hook up and wheel sometime. I am going with a group this weekend to Slade.

Yes AirServ. The new buses are worlds better than the old trams.

I'm a couple months from being ready to wheel