• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone tried the liquid rust removal stuff?

fabricator1

Like the stuff they advertise that you soak parts in and they come out like new? Does any of it work very good?

Yes. It works better than I figured it would. Turns the part a dark gray color with no rust. Just pitting left where the rust was.

Y'all ever tried just straight vinegar? Supposedly works excellent if you've got small enough parts to submerge them. Or a big enough container.

Re:

I've used vinegar and the zep brand stuff. The zep was way more expensive but worked well and quicker. There's some method with electricity and salt water but I haven't tried it.

Also like mentioned above only good if you can submerge. I used a spray once can't remember the name but it was a rust converter.

I always just pour it back into the jug and reuse it. It is a yellow color when its new, when it turns black it is getting weak and wont do much.

Buy endall rust snee company makes it, that's what we use offshore, hand down the best liquid form also rust bond is unreal but it's 2 part

Beerj said:
Y'all ever tried just straight vinegar? Supposedly works excellent if you've got small enough parts to submerge them. Or a big enough container.
I soaked a old 357 Colt my dad left in his Jeep that was rusted. It did a awesome job. I was not able to work the action before but after it was almost shootable.