• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARB plumbing

twentyfootdaredevil

Anyone using the ARB-2080 toggle switch? I'm wanting to get away from the solenoids and use air switches and probably a jet pack.

Also, I'm ditching the plastic line in favor of braided hose and -3 fittings. Does anyone have a cheaper alternative to suggest?

I've used air toggle switches in the past with push lock fittings and plastic tube before. No complaints here. The ones I had just had an input, output and purge. Always wanted to put the end of a whoopie cushion on the purge but never got around to it.

I've run ARB's on two rigs now. Never ran anything but the line supplied by ARB. Never had a failure. I've disconnected it at the diff multiple times for service and never had a leak when going back. The lines on my YJ were just zip tied in place and left to dangle to the axles...no issues. On my current rig I've only got one in the front but same story...blue line routed through hole in firewall...nothing to protect from rubbing...then run along chassis and zip tied before it drops to the axle. The same line has been in there for 10+ years with no issues.

With the blue line, if you did have an issue you can carry their field repair kit and get back going, or carry more tubing with you.

I had another buggy with ARBs front and rear. A rock kinked a line once and I lost a solenoid once. On this new rig, I'm using air switches and braided hose to keep it as reliable as possible....no electronics.

I've considered switching as I have melted or otherwise damaged many pieces of that blue stuff. It hasn't happened in a while though as I ran as much of it as I could through the frame.

I ran a 1/4" push lock adapter off the ARB bulkhead fitting on the diff and common 1/4" air line (think I used HD black air brake hose). I liked being able to use any 1/4 plastic line as a spare instead of specialty line. Then installed a basic pneumatic switch, CO2 paintball tank , and 120psi regulator to keep it all mechanical with no electronics to fail.
1588104971440.png

Latest posts