• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARB problems

Mark m.

Mines in a V6 toyota 3rd. It doesn't lock up and is blowing the air out the diff breather. Is there a seal in side thats bad that makes it do this?
Anyone in the everett area that knows how to fix this?

Last edited:
I have seen/fixed a few problems.

Like chris said I have seen the copper line rub thru and depending on version there is either a compression fitting or O-ring where the copper tube goes into the fitting at the 3rd member.

I have seen one o-ring gone bad at the side bearing coupler (forget the correct term) and I have seen the actual seal inside the unit that pushing the locking drum go bad.

My sammy was doin that in the front end now and again depended on how the rig sat if it would leak or not

ARB's can be a PITA if ya dont know how to get them set up right, Mike is the master btw

I have seen/fixed a few problems.

Like chris said I have seen the copper line rub thru and depending on version there is either a compression fitting or O-ring where the copper tube goes into the fitting at the 3rd member.

I have seen one o-ring gone bad at the seal collar(forget the correct term) and I have seen the actual seal inside the unit that pushing the locking drum go bad.
Fixed...:redneck:
meaning... " I can diagnose/fix just about anything, but all these big words they use sure cornfuzzles me!"

Mines in a V6 toyota 3rd. It doesn't lock up and is blowing the air out the diff breather. Is there a seal in side thats bad that makes it do this?
Anyone in the everett area that knows how to fix this?

Exactly what this rig was doing yesterday my friend was on his property he called me to come pull him out.He thought maybe he broke his front axle when we got it out gear oil was coming up to the compressor by the (brakebooster)and ARB was not locking up like it should .

He's bringing it over today to try and fix it,I never tore one apart yet guess its time to learn so some of this info helps out.Seems ARB bullshit is unreliable when needed from what I have seen.:mad:lets see what I can find!

CAM00040_zps8221e66d.jpg

CAM00041_zpsfcd36795.jpg

Seems ARB bullshit is unreliable when needed from what I have seen.:mad:lets see what I can find!

ARBS work FINE. Most installers are to blame for ARB/diff failures.

They are a picky machine, but work GREAT when set up properly.

If you guys need ARBs fixed, I can hook ya up. The right way.

ARBS work FINE. Most installers are to blame for ARB/diff failures.

They are a picky machine, but work GREAT when set up properly.

If you guys need ARBs fixed, I can hook ya up. The right way.

This is typically the problem.....