• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARCS & AOP 2014 Rules

Come on, winch is fine with me and nets are fine with me molaugh, I'm all for the rules for safety but there is a point where tech inspection on 50 rigs is going to eat more time than recovery on a couple rigs.

No room for winch.and i really want to see someone drive a bouncer with arm restrains. .I'm not downing the rules.but how many top buggys have thes..imay just be a sspectacular. ...

Anybody bitching about arm restraints hasn't used them or seen them I'd bet.

They really don't restrict your movement inside the vehicle, they just keep your arms from flailing out of the cage if you get knocked out, or are in a hard multiple roll....

And they are only $35!!!!

Both of us here at ARCS and ACS have taken a look at the recovery winch rule that seems to be causing so much pain. We believe that this rule, as was intended will be a great contributor to the safety of our recovery people and spectators, in addition to speeding up recovery during events. However, we also realize that implementing this rule with just a little more than a month to go before the series starts would be unfair to many competitors. We will modify the rule for the requirement of winches on each vehicle for the 2014 season. With this said, this rule will not be up for negotiation in 2015 and will be enforced fully in 2015. This will give all competitors ample time to modify their vehicles and adjust any tuning needed in the suspension. Between these two series, we have over $100,000.00 up for grabs this season. Both Ty and I both believe that this is just the starting point for purses when a series can be professionally managed and the interest for all is taken into account.

Thank you

swafford said:
No room for winch.and i really want to see someone drive a bouncer with arm restrains. .I'm not downing the rules.but how many top buggys have thes..imay just be a sspectacular. ...
Your buggy has a place for a winch doesn't it ? I thought you just never put it on you can use one the small red warn's cant you ?

Weld a peice of square tube for a receiver hitch mounted comp winch to the front tubing or axle and use quick connects for the wiring to put the winch on there when required?

get latch style window nets, they are easy to open quickly
91672003_L.jpg

images

The problem is the rule says "Safety nets are highly recommended and should cover all openings of vehicles. " Hell to cover ALL OPENINGS in my passenger compartment I just need a whole blanket to go over mine. :dunno: molaugh molaugh Since mine is nothing but openings.

swafford said:
How about a fire proof jacket...get in with a window net arm restrains and 5 point harness. Then catch fire it could get nasty.just a thought.

Randall is a big boy, and can handle himself just fine, but anything that makes it more time consuming to get out of harms way needs to be looked at closely imo

Makes me think of a Dale Earnhardt comment about speed in nascar and the big crashes at daytime and taladega.
He said. Nobody makes us do what we do. The rules r for safety. If somebody gets hurt bad enough that's bad for our
Hobby. Nobody wants or needs the negative publicity.

i want to get out of my buggy as soon as i can if catches on fire , dont need no arm or nets in my way ... where not going race speed cars ''80mph''. i think we guys do a good job now , you want see to many weak asses doing what we do . so we know how to hang on tight when **** goes wrong and know how to build a rigg to protect us. i know when i come up to a hard hill what i need to do to protect my self or not hit the hill at all. just saying it should be up to the drivers .

Re: Re: Re: ARCS & AOP 2014 Rules

taterman said:
i want to get out of my buggy as soon as i can if catches on fire , dont need no arm or nets in my way ... where not going race speed cars ''80mph''. i think we guys do a good job now , you want see to many weak asses doing what we do . so we know how to hang on tight when **** goes wrong and know how to build a rigg to protect us. i know when i come up to a hard hill what i need to do to protect my self or not hit the hill at all. just saying it should be up to the drivers .
I'm guessing you have never used the arm restraints. They release with the seat belt.

taterman said:

The problem is each driver has a different idea about safety standards. There needs to be one standard, a ruling body that decides what is best (i.e. ARC), it's their race series, and their responsibility. If drivers are each following different standards and getting hurt, it reflects bad on ARC because it's a "do whatever you want" type of scenario, and that isn't professional. Arm restraints and nets aren't going to prevent you from exiting the vehicle any faster. No one is going to like all the rules, but you either follow them or don't race. Whether its ARC or SRRS that's just the way it is.

Metal Head said:
The problem is each driver has a different idea about safety standards. There needs to be one standard, a ruling body that decides what is best (i.e. ARC), it's their race series, and their responsibility. If drivers are each following different standards and getting hurt, it reflects bad on ARC because it's a "do whatever you want" type of scenario, and that isn't professional. Arm restraints and nets aren't going to prevent you from exiting the vehicle any faster. No one is going to like all the rules, but you either follow them or don't race. Whether its ARC or SRRS that's just the way it is.
well said rules r rules and either follow them r don't race. im not wearing arm restraints and window nets want do much good on my buggy so that means im out

RKEY said:
well said rules r rules and either follow them r don't race. im not wearing arm restraints and window nets want do much good on my buggy so that means im out

Is that what y'all want? To lose one of the best drivers/person in our sport all because you want to cover your ass from a lawsuit or negative exposure? Priorities. You should either make exemptions for the few that have a reason not to have certain requirments that could end up injuring then instead of saving them from it, or count on losing some business

muddinmetal said:
Is that what y'all want? To lose one of the best drivers/person in our sport all because you want to cover your ass from a lawsuit or negative exposure? Priorities. You should either make exemptions for the few that have a reason not to have certain requirments that could end up injuring then instead of saving them from it, or count on losing some business
They start making exemptions and you may as well throw the rules out the window.IMO. Im just not going to race.I feel mine is set up with safety in mind.I may be wrong , I sure hope not. My fuel pump shuts off with the ignition key and theres a cut off switch located in the back so someone could shut it off from outside the vechicle.A fire extinguisher is located between the driver and passenger seat and soon going to mount one in the back by the disconnect.I thought I was setting it up originally to last years rules.Ive gotta get faster at building these rigs .LOL