• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARCS & AOP 2014 Rules

Things are so much clearer now!!!

Let's see if we can clean this up:

1) A winch is not required this year, but it will be next year, NO QUESTIONS ASKED

2) Arm restraint(s) OR window nets are required, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, but...

People like Gary or Randall only have to have one left arm restraint or one left side window net?

Small 1 seat buggies have to have either 2 nets or 2 restraints. Larger 2 seat buggies only have to have a net closest to the driver, or a restraint for the arm closest to the window opening?

onetoncrawler said:
from above - this may answer your question?

"A copy and paste from Tom's post... Can't be said much better... This should truly be a non-issue if a fellow wants to race for prize money

"please take time to review the safety rules posted earlier and attached here again. There has been a lot of talk about Rule #7 dealing with limb restraints. Please understand this rule as it is written. Some drivers and rigs will only need one restraint. When you are strapped into your seat, the limb restraints must function to not allow any of your limbs to come out of vehicle. For example, if you have a vehicle with roof panels or your seat is low enough you may only need one limb restraint for your left arm to keep it from going out the side.

Thanks Daniel, if I would have read it correctly I would have seen this passage for what it's meaning. SOME VEHICLES WILL ONLY REQUIRE 1 ARM RESTRAINT IF OTHER SAFETY PROVISIONS ARE MET. Got ya.

Think it said if you have a solid metal roof that would keep your right arm from flying out the top then you don't need it on that side

CHASMAN9 said:
Thanks Daniel, if I would have read it correctly I would have seen this passage for what it's meaning. SOME VEHICLES WILL ONLY REQUIRE 1 ARM RESTRAINT IF OTHER SAFETY PROVISIONS ARE MET. Got ya.
Hell with it I'm lost and give up trying to understand the damn rules, one arm restraint two arm restraints one net two nets WTF.