• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

are they marked??

unclestripey

Im gonna go and do some travellin the 12-15th. Headin up the wagon trail to Naches, along Manastash to E-burg, up over colockum to Wenatchee, up to Entiat River road over the hill to Chelan, Over the next set to the Methow, Mazama, Harts Pass, then Hwy 20 back to the wet side. All in a lifted Sami with no flares or flaps. Ive read that alot of the trail markers around Naches are gone and have never been to this area. Wondering what my chances are of gettin hopelessly lost, or thrown in the hoosegow? Comments? Suggestions??

granted it was last year, but the naches wagon trail was marked. i don't remember alot of spur offs that did not connect back to the trail and the only ones i remember is after the first hill climb. we were just over in the cle elum area, for the most part everything is marked, except when there's 2 lines for the same trail that go in 2 different directions, but rejoin a few hundred feet down the way. a decent map for the cle elum and naches side is from the cle elum ranger district,

either order it, print it, or go in and purchase it. seemed pretty accurate for the 4x4 trails and was revised and compiled in 2007.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/cle-elum-orv/index.html

Thanks Jared, I was a little worried--not enough to hold me back--but I feel better now. It's just gonna be me and the little lady, hopin if we have any problems we'll find a helpin hand along the way. But damn I'm lookin forward to seein some new country from the inside out!!:awesomework:

I've done Colockum to Wenatchee several times and it's no problem to get through if you stay on the main road. That was a while ago when gas was cheaper though, but don't really expect it to be any different. Do you have GPS?

I've done Colockum to Wenatchee several times and it's no problem to get through if you stay on the main road. That was a while ago when gas was cheaper though, but don't really expect it to be any different. Do you have GPS?

Nope, no GPS, just the seat of my pants. I did the Colockum road from the Malaga side a few years age in a 2wd Nissan But got turned around at the pass cuz of snow, don't reckon that'll happen this year!

Ha, no probably not.

GPS isn't really necessary. Just gives you an idea of where you are in relation to any sign of civilization.

I've done it from that side too.

Five-oh-nine two-niner-three two-one-four-oh

Save that number and call me if you have any trouble near Wenatchee/Entiat/Chelan. Hopefully you have a good map, there are lots and lots of unmarked roads and trails all over the place along your route. :D

Five-oh-nine two-niner-three two-one-four-oh

Save that number and call me if you have any trouble near Wenatchee/Entiat/Chelan. Hopefully you have a good map, there are lots and lots of unmarked roads and trails all over the place along your route. :D

Yeah, Ive got a whole binder full of encased maps of all kinds of places, but only the Gazateer On the entiat/chelan area. We'll see what happens. Really appreciate the # and offer, always good to know someones out there. THANKS AGAIN!!:beer:

We , me and my friend Gabe, just made the run from greenwater hiway 410 FS-70 over land to I-90 and then up to fortune creek...We found that the maps were wrong in some areas and his little cheap GPS was a life saver...So I suggest using both when doing this for a clear picture of what you are getting into...Maps were from google, or you can try to find said maps, we did not have any luck and the google maps were a 7 out of 10...good luck and have fun, we sure did...

We , me and my friend Gabe, just made the run from greenwater hiway 410 FS-70 over land to I-90 and then up to fortune creek...We found that the maps were wrong in some areas and his little cheap GPS was a life saver...So I suggest using both when doing this for a clear picture of what you are getting into...Maps were from google, or you can try to find said maps, we did not have any luck and the google maps were a 7 out of 10...good luck and have fun, we sure did...

There's lots of maps available for free at nwjeepn.com
I'm counting days and packin' gear. No GPS but I got a compass and a kinda ridiculessly good sense of direction so we'll see where we end up! Thanks!:D

Sooo... whatta blast! Everything was goin great till I left Manson to head over the hill to the Methow, lost a u-joint and destroyed my rear driveshaft, limped into Chelan on the front diff and spent Sunday in the park waitin for a buddy to bring me a spare. got her back on the road and beat feet for home. Man, ya gotta love a bro who will pull a driveshaft outa yer ol lady's rig and travel 4-5 hours to rescue yer dumb ass just so he can drop a line in the lake for an hour--all expences paid, of course! Pics coming at the end of the week:D