• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas Tcase Questions

Glen1978

Sun does shine on a DOGS ASS!
Picked up an Atlas II 3.8 the other day. I got a good deal on it......I thought anyway. It does have the 26 spline front output, standard rear output (w/speedo gear hole) and 1310 yokes on it. Now Im questioning how strong the front output is. Talked to AA and they will sell the 32 sp output for $350. Im gonna have to upgrade yokes also on it but not sure if I should go 1350 or 1410.

Really hate to buy 1350/1410 front yoke then break front output and have to buy another front yoke to fit 32 sp output. What yall think? Run it till it breaks? How many of you guys running the 26 spline front vs HD 32?

Upgrade
sucks because unless you got the case for less than $1400 or so, it'll cost you more to buy all the upgraded stuff and yokes/input etc than a new case :p I looked and looked and priced before I finally bought my new case last week. I did snag another 3.0 for $1500 that only needs the input changed ($45 from David) and is ready to rock. deals are out there, just have to find the right one.

I have a few extra inputs also: 10 spline & ford c4/c6 (31?).

I would contact BTF, WOD, and West TX Off Road for pricing on a new unit with the short rear output and 32 spline 1350 or 1410 yokes. As Kelly suggested, you might be better off buying new and selling your (new) old case. From my experience, the three previously mentioned vendors have awesome pricing on AA parts. Several people on here use EOR as well. I bought both of my atlas tcases from Matt at West TX Off Road; at the time, he had the best pricing.

Well gonna cost about $475 to upgrade my case to 32 spline stuff and 1350 yokes. Ive read alot of controversey over 1350 and 1410. Ive already got my Atlas here, has the right input (tranny) and has the TH400 adatper and a spacer. Brand new down to the original bottles of Torco oil and AA stickers/owners manual.

The last 3 we've bought came with Amsoil??
anyway, if it already has the right input and adapter with it (was assuming swap needed), you probably are okay. When it comes to swapping inputs, anything over a 3.0 sucks because you have to pull it all apart (still easy enough, just more work)
Bryan, the old inputs don't work in the new cases btw. The old ones were a course 10 or so spline where they went onto the input gear, the new ones are a finer spline, like 32. I have an old 27 from David with the 10 spline on the other end, and it wouldn't work on the case I was looking at buying and putting it in. It will work in my old 3.0 on the shelf, lucky me I suppose.

B Gillespie said:
Damn. Guess I'll make salt shakers out of them.
anyone with an older unit (like the one I scored) can use them (like I am) but make sure if you go to sell them the buyer has the older one. There is a letter after the serial number on the newer ones I thing. Vic can tell you
1350/1410, if you want to drill for u bolts, and need the angle, go 1410, if you don't want to drill yokes for ubolts, and don't need the angle, go 1350. In a non monster truck tall rig seldom do you need a 1410. Short rear drivelines or a 16" shock with 15" of droop might neccesitate it.

Meh, I would rock the **** out of that output shaft AS IS.

Save your cash. It could last forever like that.

Yeah it has the right adapter and input for my TH400. Just the 26 spline front output and 1310 yokes front an back. What are you guys talking about the older and newer models having course and finer splines somewhere....? My case is several years old but just sat on a shelf and never ran. I dont plan to be realy tall.....Jimmy Smith special with 14/16" coilovers. Only a TH400 in front of it so drivelines should be plenty long. The 1350 yokes are only $62 from Atlas so I can prolly find them cheaper elsewhere.

Glen1978 said:
Yeah it has the right adapter and input for my TH400. Just the 26 spline front output and 1310 yokes front an back. What are you guys talking about the older and newer models having course and finer splines somewhere....? My case is several years old but just sat on a shelf and never ran. I dont plan to be realy tall.....Jimmy Smith special with 14/16" coilovers. Only a TH400 in front of it so drivelines should be plenty long. The 1350 yokes are only $62 from Atlas so I can prolly find them cheaper elsewhere.
$62 is a pretty good deal if they come with ubolts (I know they're machined for them, but if they're included). The 1410 atlas yoke was different than the 1410 spicer yoke we had on a 205, wouldn't fit or tighten up. I'd go AA on that one. If you need 1410 on the rear output for droop (prob won't) you'll just have to drill the holes for ubolts.

Nope they dont include the Ubolts. They are $6.50 for the u-bolts. Dang just got off the phone with Matthew at AA and he told me that the 26 spline front output will only accept up to a 1310 so I have to upgrade......****! I him hawed around with him and whined a little about it and he said "I tell you what. I will send you a 32 spline front output, two 1350 yokes with Ubolts and some instructions to put shipped to your door for $400 bucks." DAMN! Thats a deal. Gonna call after payday and get that hooked up. Also talked to him about the strength of the short vs. long thru shaft. I would have figured the short one was stronger......he said no. The longer shaft is stronger because of more (insert big word) strength. Hmm, learn something everyday.

blacksheep10 said:
$62 is a pretty good deal if they come with ubolts (I know they're machined for them, but if they're included). The 1410 atlas yoke was different than the 1410 spicer yoke we had on a 205, wouldn't fit or tighten up. I'd go AA on that one. If you need 1410 on the rear output for droop (prob won't) you'll just have to drill the holes for ubolts.

Ive read about the 1410 yokes for Atlas. Something about them being machined different wont let the Spicer ones suck all the way up.

Glen1978 said:
Ive read about the 1410 yokes for Atlas. Something about them being machined different wont let the Spicer ones suck all the way up.

really? mine was 1410, and spicers went in like butter.

blacksheep10 said:
why did you have to put different yokes on yours? It came with the 1410's on is?
it came from Colville that way, but my point was in reference to Spicers not fitting in them, and I said that wasnt the case on mine.