• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas vs Straight Drive T-Case

not to change the subject, but what about thw chain drive cases like some of the mudracers use???

im trying to get parts and plan laid out for my next rig. the t case is one place that i would be willing
to spend some dollars. not sure that i would want to put it in an atlas though!!

bringing this back up, after doing a lot of looking it apears that your seats will have to set a lot higher in order to clear the case/ driveshaft.
that being said, has anyone looked at the cyclone cases??? they offer a quick change case with a 3.0 option. and a 10" center to center on the in/ output shafts
they also look a little smaller in over all size.

wondering if anyone else has looked at or are useing these. i tried calling today, and all i get is voice mail.

I've been on here alot looking at all you bouncing guys. It's got me building a new rig to try and keep up with you. With that said I have a new profab case and powerglide on my work bench I can post up a couple pics if you want it will be later tonight but I can get it done. Lets just say the profab makes the powerglide look small. I went with a 12" drop case that I will mount more in the horizontal position which will offset my diff's. I'm not sure what game changer has but that is the option i chose. I inquired about their mud racin case and they said I had better go with this instead. Mine was 2500 bucks shipped with a 2.56 to 1 ratio with the option of going up to 2.0 to 1 and down to 4.5 to 1. I will post up some pics tonight.

Brett.

Everybody likes pics
IMG_0103_zps4c542485.jpg

IMG_0104_zpse9ca883b.jpg

IMG_0106_zps096ac2bd.jpg

I swear the big gear is damn near the size of a rockwell ring gear
IMG_0107_zps9865d091.jpg

I went with a coupler I still need to get a short tailhousing to get her hooked up
IMG_0105_zpsf875382f.jpg

can you get a couple measurements from the profab??

how tall? on the big end

and what the distance from center of input to the outside of the big end.

i got to talk with cyclone today, there case is 10in tall on the bolt flange and 8 on the back side. i think thats at least 5 inches shorter than a profab or scs.
and there center to center on the shafts is 10in so it should fit in the frame rails of most buggys with out much trouble.

there not quite as purdy as the profabs though.

I will have to get measurements tomorrow. I do know that overall length is 21 1/2"

xjpaddler said:
can you get a couple measurements from the profab??

how tall? on the big end

and what the distance from center of input to the outside of the big end.

i got to talk with cyclone today, there case is 10in tall on the bolt flange and 8 on the back side. i think thats at least 5 inches shorter than a profab or scs.
and there center to center on the shafts is 10in so it should fit in the frame rails of most buggys with out much trouble.

there not quite as purdy as the profabs though.

Heath I can bring the Profab I have at the shop to Hog Wild if you want to get some specs and check it out in person.

clyde that would be great! i really think a direct drive is the way i want to, i just dont want the seats setting higher than my last rig.

I have a new SCS Straight Drive. They are pretty massive you just have to plan around them. The cyclone 10" looks to be the same size as the profab and scs on the one side but bigger on the input side. The only advantage is that it isn't as long. I changed axles half way through my build so I have this SCS for sale if anyone is interested. Its 4.1 with The quiet helical gear option, and 1350 yoke for input and 1410 output yokes. I'll sell mine for 2400 and its never had oil in it if anybody wants it. They aren't no joke thats for sure.

the cyclone is 4inches narrower than the scs on the out put side, that puts you drive shaft at least 2 inches lower.
seams that dropping 200lbs 2 inches or more would make a huge difference in stability???

someone double check me, but im pretty sure the scs is 16 in at its widest point.
not sure on the profab it apears a little smaller
the cyclone is 10.5