• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas vs Straight Drive T-Case

Retribution

Can someone bring me up to speed on the Profab T-Case TC is running in game changer?

I looked at http://profabmachineinc.com and see very limited info and know nothing about these at all until TC mentioned it in the video. Are they just as stated straight gear to gear with no alternative gear ratios you can shift too (I don't see any shift knobs)? If this is true, then is the only gearing provided by the transmission?

Applications? Limitations? Daily crawling vs Bouncing?

Any input would be great, I really want to understand how they work, the applications and why I would use one vs the other in different applications and/or environments.

THX

full time 4wheel with asingle set ratio, has uber huge shafts and bearings, 1500-40000 hwp plus capable in sled pulling applications.

it would be on the suck if you had no four wheel steer/ easy weekedn riding but would be the **** for hill killing

Think of it this way:
Game changer only has 2 gears (power glide). Total.

If all you ever use is low range 4wd, then I don't see a reason to NOT use a straight drive case (they are big)

You can change the ratio in the box in about 15 minutes. But they are full time 4 wd.

Re: Re: Atlas vs Straight Drive T-Case

3200 is what they quoted me yesterday for a reversing 5.2 to 1.....plus yokes and input adapter.

Still working out the details, but not bad considering leaving axles at 4:10 saves me about 500$. And the beef factor peace of mind too..

I never used high range much on previous rigs anyway. Just cycled through the tranny more while in low.

yellowjacket said:
3200 is what they quoted me yesterday for a reversing 5.2 to 1.....plus yokes and input adapter.

Still working out the details, but not bad considering leaving axles at 4:10 saves me about 500$. And the beef factor peace of mind too..

I never used high range much on previous rigs anyway. Just cycled through the tranny more while in low.

Why would you price a case with reversing?

Re: Re: Atlas vs Straight Drive T-Case

yellowjacket said:

Wow reverse rotation adapter adds $1100?

http://www.filthymotorsports.com/SCS_Transfer_Case_p/scs-tcase.htm

My experience with these you need the same offset as the front axle in the rear axle, not a conventional rear output location, due to one gear range. They have a reputation for being unbreakable, kinda big in size

Peters buggy Momentum also has a straight drive case and he can switch his to 2 wheel drive rear only.

My SCS which is like timmies profab is about 16.5 tall on one side and about 10 on the other and about 25" long mine is a 12.66 offest from trans input to the ouputs which are on the same side. The problem with them fitting is the large gear its diameter is like 16 inches so that front and rear outputs have to be 8 inches from the frame. I had to offset my engine a couple inches and my frame is 33 inches wide. The case the Momentum buggy has is a little different its shaped more like a regular case but the front output is small its a ford 9 inch yoke. The rear output is centered. The problem is the smallet ratio you can get is 2.64 so for rockwells or mogs its ok but it won't work with any other axles.

Why would he buy a straight drive case without the huge outputs. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Re: Re: Re: Atlas vs Straight Drive T-Case

Elliott said:
Why would he buy a straight drive case without the huge outputs. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

You can get 35 spline pinion for a Ford 9. I'd bet it is that size.