• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Aussie lockers???

i had one in my old rig. Always worked, and never broke, turning 36" IROKS. It came with the truck though. If i was going to pay money, i'd get a selectable one(elocker/arb), or just weld/spool.:awesomework

if it's really cheap or free just run it.

Have a buddy who has had one in his rig front and rear, and has installed one in another rig as well... he has nothing but good things to say.

They work great. I got one in the front and rear. A little noisy when turning on the pavement in the driveway or parking lot, (just the ratcheting noise) but makes up for it when you hit the trails.

Hi All:

I have been running an Aussie Locker in the frontend of my Land Cruiser for the last three years and it does its job! :awesomework: It helped me break a front pinion about a month ago! :redneck:

Seriously, the "Aussie" is more or less a copy of the "Lockrite." I've been running an Lockrite in the rearend of my FJ40 for at least 7 years without any issues.

Good luck!

Alan

Last edited:
In the rear the are ****ING ANNOYING

In the front, they work GREAT. I had an Aussie in the front of my old Runner w/ no complaints, and a Lock Rite in the front of my current Runner w/ no complaints

Hi All:

"Poohbair," love your avatar :D but have to disagree with you on this.

As long as both tires on the driven axle are the same size and at the same air pressure, and the operator drives through corners at a smooth and easy speed the rear autolocker will behave itself.

Regards,

Alan

In the rear the are ****ING ANNOYING

In the front, they work GREAT. I had an Aussie in the front of my old Runner w/ no complaints, and a Lock Rite in the front of my current Runner w/ no complaints

Any ratchet style locker in the rear is ****ING ANNOYING.

Just weld the rear... cheap, predictable, and no ratcheting.

Ill back you on this one. If it has square teeth and is an insert locker, they are all the same. lockrite, quicklock, aussie, etc, all the same.

I would rather have a welded rear than listen to what sounds like the rear end letting go. They eat tires worse than a spool/welded diff (eats one rear insead of wearing two evenly).

The only thing I would run in place of a welded rear is a full detriot. But Im too cheap for that.:redneck:

Hi All:

As long as the operator drives through corners at a smooth and easy speed the rear autolocker will behave itself.

Regards,

Alan

I guese if you drive SMOOTH and EASY a rear insert locker is just the performance you are looking for.
:awesomework:

not how I drive.:D

Latest posts