• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Pig Lockers...

truckbroke

I`ve got a 2006 F250 Super Duty and I`m just about feed up with the one tire killing machine. I`ve been looking at some locking options and I`m just wondering what everybody is running in their tow pigs. I really think a straight Detroit is gonna be to aggressive but, I know my truck is heavy and I don`t want to waste my money on a posi unit if its not going stay locked with a load. Hell and sometimes I just wanna do a damn burn out and have both tires back there kicking instead of one just looking at me.

Re: Re: Tow Pig Lockers...

Waffle said:
Fwiw, I put a Detroit True Trac in my 06 2500hd and I love it. Its the helical gear style and similar to the factory Dodge posi but more aggressive. Detroit claimed a 3:1 to 3.5:1 bias ratio vs the factory dodge 2.5:1. I do commercial snow plowing in the winter and it works perfect! Smooth, silent, but instantly there when you need it and none of the quirks that come with using a true locker in turns.
I to got sick of the one wheel peel and I hated my factory gov lock. For a tow rig that needs the extra traction on wet/slick roads or on gravel/dirt I don't think you can beat it on a daily driver.
I've known 2 guys that ran those and loved them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm right there with you my trucks a crew cab long bed and it will literally get stuck sometimes on flats ground and it pisses me off to no end. But when I lock in the hubs and mash on it it usually does ok but it really should be better in two wheel drive than it is

Forbanger said:
GM for the win. My locker works fine. loller.gif :stir:

Mine in my 2013 Platinum works fine. The one in my bosses 2015 Denali...well..doesn't exist. I guess they kept those in the same closet as the power fold/extend mirrors he couldn't get. :flipoff1:

Yep. My Silverado came with the g80 rear. They have an Eaton locker in them from the factory. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I was leaning towards the Detroit Tru Track. Just wanted to hear what everybody else was running. I had a Z71 with an Auburn locker and it was good stuff but, I tell you what if a guy running a snow plow truck says its good stuff I`ll take his word for it for sure.

truckbroke said:
Yeah I was leaning towards the Detroit Tru Track. Just wanted to hear what everybody else was running. I had a Z71 with an Auburn locker and it was good stuff but, I tell you what if a guy running a snow plow truck says its good stuff I`ll take his word for it for sure.

Not a truck but I'm running 550whp through a 9" Trutrac with no issues. really nice traction and no weird handling affects. I would highly recommend it.

Dem ole ferds just got too much par I tell ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk