• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Auto Transmissions in crawlers

This one is said to be a '90...I know your looking for a '91+...here it is anyway. The one I beat on,without mercy, was a 90

http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28974

Thanks man, I am actually gonna go to the yard tomorrow, They have a few xj's out there that say they have autos in them according to the vin.hopefully one is an AW4 with a 231 behind it....:redneck:
I would have to stow that somewhere on that side till I am back over to the wet side in Jan..So I am searching local eastside first.
Definitely appreciate it though.Thats a damn good price.......cheers

Not sure where you're at, but George the Jeep in Covington area will have what you need also. 253-631-4390. The good thing is that AW4's normally sell for CHEAP as they rarely fail. Look on car-part.com too for '91+ XJ's, there's 10 PAGES of them on there starting at $75.

John

Not sure where you're at, but George the Jeep in Covington area will have what you need also. 253-631-4390. The good thing is that AW4's normally sell for CHEAP as they rarely fail. Look on car-part.com too for '91+ XJ's, there's 10 PAGES of them on there starting at $75.

John

I've even seen them on CL for a 12 pack of beer. :awesomework:

John
I met that guy once and he set up my gears. He is a really nice guy to work with. The gears have been running for many years with no issues whatsoever.

http://www.georgethejeep.com/

He's got some cool toys like the 4x4 motorhome.

Last edited:
You guys figuring the HP numbers on that stroker at the crank or tires? A 4.6L Jeep I-6 stroker should have somewhere in the ballpark of 250-265 HP at the crank. The motor came stock with 190 HP I believe. If you are assuming crank HP, I think Joop is right in there with his number. The "160 HP at best" number I'm assuming he's talking about at the rear tires, but it's definitely almost 100 HP more than that at the crank. And they should make a minimum 300 lb-ft at the crank, too.