• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Autoenginuity Scanner Tool for Ford 7.3

Re: Scanner Tool for 7.3

No, but you did. HPOP or Pedestal seal needs to be replaced.

BTW, the scanner is amazing once you get power to your OBD II plug. There are 509 sensors that it will read on my truck. I can do a buzz test, turn off individual injectors, real time views of pressures, cylinder contribution, misfires, temps, etc. with up to nine data feeds at the time. The data logging is nice to save and send to a "real mechanic" if you have an intermittent problem that you can't figure out. Customer service is good and I have been learning a lot about workings of the 7.3 by watching youtube videos.

If you have a spare laptop, I don't know why anyone wouldn't have this in their vehicle. It automatically pulled all codes from day one on this truck, including ones that Bad80CJ (Steve) deleted from the PCM with his Snap On scanner. The Snap On has built in help screens to give you possible reasons for tripped codes or values out of spec which is nice. But, I haven't found such screens on the Autoenginuity scanner yet, but I will keep looking. I only got the Ford bundle because I was a little skeptical, but wish I would have ponied up the additional $600 for the 59 major make version. I have owned 200 ish cars in my life, usually $500 or less and most started off not running. This could have saved me a lot of time and educated guessing.

I hate when people say for the money....blah, blah, blah. This scanner is great. If I had paid a whole lot more, it is still a great scanner. Short of a 10k wireless Snap On, I don't know why I would need anything else.

Does it do engine only stuff, or will it let you fool with transmission, body control modules, and other systems? Does it show you real time individual cylinder misfires?

You can select each individual cylinder for misfires or check all to see if any exist on all cylinders....I don't know what body control modules are but if you give a high school diploma definition, I can tell you. It pulled up transmission info for me, but ask a specific transmission question and I will hook it up and post a picture or a yes or no answer to the question. Truthfully, there is so much I don't know, I want questions to help me reach the full scope of what I can do.

Here's the generic categories.....airbag, antilock braking, enhanced power train, gem/central timer, generic power train, overhead trip computer, park aid, passive anti-theft

pybymepy.jpg

Past codes from my tow Pig

KOEO throttle zero equals .6 volts.....
KOEO throttle WOT equals 3.74 volts
e5eperyq.jpg

Don't know why I need to know that, but hey

Pretty drunk so sorry for all the posts....but yes on body monitors or whatever. 280 things. Driver door ajar, mirror crap, windows. Headlamp dimmer, park brake switch, airbags, horn control driver, all doors unlock output state

bad80cj said:
What does it say for misfires for 3 &8?

Shows zero misfires after a day of running around hooked up, but both codes still show up. I am pretty certain my HPOP is leaking, but Glenn convinced me to clean it up and double check and make sure it wasn't the turbo pedestal seal.

If my memory serves me correctly. You have to pull the turbo to replace the hpop. With 200,000 miles i would go get your parts together and stop faking around with looking at this and that. :****: :flipoff1: :woot:

Pulling turbo to change HPOP on a 7.3 is like taking your socks off to get your tooth pulled.