• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AWORC - Naches Pass Trail Run Report (July 21st, 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceg

All Wheelers Off Road Club -
Naches Pass Trail Run
July 21st, 2007

On Saturday July 21st, 2007 we left our camp on the east side around 10 AM with 12 rigs and hit the Naches Pass Trail.

We stopped to let some dirt bikes pass.
2007-07-21-01.jpg

On up the trail we ran into some traffic. Here I took a quick pic as we are regrouping.
2007-07-21-02.jpg

Some where before the long bridge Waycrazy's CJ5 had a problem. We waited for him and the others at 1914. Once they got to 1914, Waycrazy and Fatboy took Waycrazy's CJ5 back to camp. We headed on up the trail.

We pass more quads and bikes as we climbed. A few rigs here and there. Three guys from PNWJeep.com passed us. I finely got to meet John90XJ.

Here is most of the group with Raven's Roost in the background.
2007-07-21-03.jpg

We stopped at the Cabin Parking lot and ate lunch. Fatboy caught back up with us and had Waycrazy as his co-pilot. The two Samis had to leave. That left nothing but Jeeps so we had to point that out to PullUout since he likes to talk crap about all Jeeps. Long walk?

We moved on down the trail now on the west side. We were moving a lot faster than before and making up some time so we could do the trail backwards. Then we ran into a traffic Jam. There were 12 FJ Cruisers not moving very fast and sometimes not at all. They said they had to move longs off the trail. I am guessing they were to big to fit since there were a lot of Jeeps that already had climbed up that way earlier.

KarlVP having fun in traffic.
2007-07-21-04.jpg

2007-07-21-05.jpg

XJ T&A and Scumby
2007-07-21-06.jpg

BSing and waiting for the FJ Cruiser group to go again.
2007-07-21-07.jpg

They are moving again.
2007-07-21-08.jpg

The 12 FJ Cruisers turned off before the end of the trail. We had a lot of fun coming down that part.

XJ T&A working the tight turn.
2007-07-21-09.jpg

Scumby went the same way.
2007-07-21-10.jpg

Icesis did the drop off.
2007-07-21-11.jpg

Steve & Will did the tight turn.
2007-07-21-12.jpg

Test Dummy doing the drop off.
2007-07-21-13.jpg

Fatboy showing off his new lift.
2007-07-21-14.jpg

Most of the group of the day.
2007-07-21-15.jpg

OilSlick climbed back up the last part and tried the tight part.
2007-07-21-16.jpg

KarlVP drove up the drop off. I missed the front tire off the ground shot.
2007-07-21-17.jpg

Test Dummy followed KarlVP up the drop off. He had a bad battery connection and Scumby helped him out.

Here is OilSlick still trying to make the tight turn.
2007-07-21-18.jpg

2007-07-21-19.jpg

Hey there is my mirror on the ground in a bunch of pieces?
2007-07-21-20.jpg

I didn't get any other pictures of the guys climbing this last part. After they were done with the hill climbs we ran Pyramid Pass back over to camp. Some of the guys had to go home. The rest of us had a great visit around the camp fire.

It was a fun run with a lot of nice people.

I just found out that end of the trail NF70 to NF7065 is closed to ORVs. Not knowing that, I lead the group down that area and let some of the guys climb back up it. I am sorry for not knowning and breaking the rules. Now I know so please do not use that end of the trail unless you can find something in writing to say it is ok.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/recreation/activities/trails/snrd/snrd_1175.htm
The section of the Naches Trail from Road #7033 to Road #7065 (cliffs) is open to hikers only. From Road #7065 to Naches Pass, the trail is open to all users.
Questions? Complaints? Thier number is
360-825-6585
Snoqualmie NF Enumclaw Office. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
ALL I CAN SAY IS GET THOSE TIRES OFF OF THE ROOF'S OF THOSE XJ's..Trust me on this you don't want too turdle it with them tires on the roof..Oh and look's like you guy's had a good time..:awesomework:

ALL I CAN SAY IS GET THOSE TIRES OFF OF THE ROOF'S OF THOSE XJ's..Trust me on this you don't want too turdle it with them tires on the roof..Oh and look's like you guy's had a good time..:awesomework:

I mentioned that to a few of the folks. Telling them about "grumpy's roll". :D

I mentioned that to a few of the folks. Telling them about "grumpy's roll". :D

I think Grumpy's roll was a result of Bishops jeep all flexed up on a stump. Musta been Grumps Stump since he tried to outflex the rubi and went right on over. I had the best view of it all.

I think Grumpy's roll was a result of Bishops jeep all flexed up on a stump. Musta been Grumps Stump since he tried to outflex the rubi and went right on over. I had the best view of it all.

I had a kick ass view of that as well, as it happened RIGHT infront of me as I had just pulled in. We were gonna use my Jeep to pull him over, but used manpower as well.

Is this the steep climb at the very west end?

2007-07-21-16.jpg

Yes

Our group went over Pyramid on Sat. to spend the day on the east side. The east side was great, no rain at all. We ran into some guys that had a major steering problem so we spent a couple of hours welding them back together.
Coming back over Pyramid (about 8 PM) it pissed rain all the way from the end of Little Naches Road all the way back. We wish it would have rained on the east side to make Kaner a bit harder.
We saw a couple of the Zuks on your trip.

Thanks for letting me tag along, Ceg. I had a blast with you folks.
I am glad you came. You are welcome to wheel with anytime.:awesomework:

Looks like a good time Ceg. A little thin on pics this time though. :redneck:
20 pics as most my reports are. Just so much happen so I posted enough to show the trip. Come over of you want to see the other 90 pics of Saturday. :D

Well that's just ****ing lovely. I wonder who blazed that new path, and why you guys were screwing around on it. :rolleyes:

It was my first time on the trail. I didn't know that was off limits. And due to the amount of maintenance and funding for the Naches trail itself, you would think that if it was illegal, there would be signs or shoefly's there.

It looked perfectly legit to me.

Meh.

I know that trail like the hairy palm of my hand, and that is NOT a part of the trail. Please stay out of it. It was not like that at the end last year, I was there just before it closed.

I know that trail like the hairy palm of my hand, and that is NOT a part of the trail. Please stay out of it. It was not like that at the end last year, I was there just before it closed.
I have pics of it the same on September 30th, 2007. There were no closed signs then or now.

I have pics of it the same on September 30th, 2007. There were no closed signs then or now.

And I drove through there on the redeye run just before it closed up for the winter. Just because someone blazed a new illegal trail does not mean it's open. You know that. Naches has been getting hammered in the past couple years, the east end of the trail is starting to resemble Tahuya. There are people trying to close that trail, don't give them more ammunition. :mad:

It was like that when I ran that section 3 years ago. Even then it looked like it had been there for a long time already. You must be thinking of a different spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.