• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AWORC - Naches Pass Trail Run Report (July 21st, 2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Benw I have been racking my brain trying to think of a nice way to put what you just said . For the record Ben is right ! Well said .

When you were making sure the FS knew the trail is closed, did you happen to ask why it is closed?

Actually no, since Karl beat me to it. I did not pressure or co-erce them into agreeing that it was closed, we don't need a conspiracy theory so stop accusing me. I stated to her that I was trying to clear up the facts on a section of trail and what it was open to, she had already done the research and found the status by the time I'd called. Many people are well aware of the status of that section, I've spoken with a couple of guys I've wheeled with in the past and asked matter-of-factly how they remember that section without mentioning any of this and depending on when they were there they all remember a sign or a log blockage. When I talked to Susan today she mentioned something briefly about the next section westward between 70 and 7033(?) definitely being closed like she was confused as to what Karl had asked about. Sometimes you have to look at a map to get the road names and locations into perspective, especially when you manage hundreds if not thousands of winding roads. For all you guys know she may have originally thought that Karl meant the first length of the main trail.

Ok, I think this horse is dead.

One comment I want to leave everyone with is a message I have heard from land managers (at the WA State PNW Land meetings, no less) and that is, to paraphrase: One of the reasons why ORV trails get closed is because ORV users LET them get closed. Environmentalists do not take "NO" for an answer. ORV users put up a mild fight, then go sulk and whine on the internet about how all the trails are closing. The point of all this is that we do not fight hard enough and our actions (and in-action) often times hurts us, not help us.

Comet
Trails Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.