• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Axle ID

Poohbair

Pabst O'Holic
So TJMP111 came across this set of axles and was trying to figure out what they are. I haven't seen them, but he sent me some small cell phone pics.

Closed knuckle, drop out 3rd member and removeable diff cover. Under an old Ford chassis...

Do these just need to go to scrap, or are they worth trying to save / sell?

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Might be a Napco axle.

I was looking at some Napco stuff last night thinking that is what they might be. If they are, looks like they are probably worth more in scrap unless you find the needle in the haystack of that 1 guy that needs them for a restoration...

I was looking at some Napco stuff last night thinking that is what they might be. If they are, looks like they are probably worth more in scrap unless you find the needle in the haystack of that 1 guy that needs them for a restoration...

Its a Napco axle. Look and see if it still says "NAPCO" on the front tube. Dealers would grind it off if dealer installed, but if ordered on a pallet as a conversion then it will still say napco on the long side tube.

Might as well scrap it. It is indeed a cool part for a guy doing a restoration but here is the catch,,,,,,,

Guys restoring an old 4x4 truck in the napco era are not like hot rodders of the same era. The rodders will pay for rare parts.
Old 4x4 resto truck guys are just like tractor and army resto guys. They wire wheel and brush paint and want rare parts for free.

The parade people are coreys bunch, maybe he can find ya a "resto guy" that wants a pile of junk to try to stop and steer with.

i have old axles like that under my old '41 dodge cahssis (military) 4x4

thing still runs with its old flathead, just need to replace the fuel pump...