• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

axle tubes and shaft shortening?

The king pins need to be replaced as well and that really looks fun! 7/8 allen, a torch, and a big cheater bar looks like the ticket!

The king pins need to be replaced as well and that really looks fun! 7/8 allen, a torch, and a big cheater bar looks like the ticket!

If you don't have a 7/8 allen.. used a big bolt with a 7/8 head..
I can also narrow it.

I have a 7/8 allen you can borrow. It usually just takes a good hit with a sledge hammer to break them free. For narrowing, just cut the welds on the knuckles and press the c off. Then cut the tube, press the c back on and reweld. Carl Jantz or Doug Dye can respline the shafts.

I can also narrow it. You need keep in mind you want to know what your pinion angle needs to be, and where you want caster to be set at when you do this.

I have a 7/8 allen you can borrow. It usually just takes a good hit with a sledge hammer to break them free. For narrowing, just cut the welds on the knuckles and press the c off. Then cut the tube, press the c back on and reweld. Carl Jantz or Doug Dye can respline the shafts.

Were are you located at for the allen key?

Steve's a smart feller, just doesn't have a meltin' macheen worthy of heavy materialz...:redneck: