• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

B&M or similar style shifters in a XJ.....????

Spanaway Mudder

searching and not finding my answer...

My shifter is jacked up and I would really like to change to a completely new form of shifter...:awesomework:

I can see that its pretty basic set up...

Last edited:
You've posted in the tech section, yet you've failed to either ask a question or post a technical accomplishment. So what exactly are you requesting?

You've posted in the tech section, yet you've failed to either ask a question or post a technical accomplishment. So what exactly are you requesting?

Your right I should of put this in the chatterbox so it could get moved:eeek:.... Iam meaning to Ask a question in regards to other xj or jeep owners and there experience with using one of these style shifters...:awesomework:

Last edited:
B and M Unimatic cable shifter works good in my rig. Mount it wherever you want to. Only thing I might someday try to modify with it, is some kind of deal to stop from slamming into park on accident, instead of reverse for those panic "going over backwards moments."

B and M Unimatic cable shifter works good in my rig. Mount it wherever you want to. Only thing I might someday try to modify with it, is some kind of deal to stop from slamming into park on accident, instead of reverse for those panic "going over backwards moments."

Thats exactly why I want to do that mod... my stock shifter is all jacked up right now and is a bitch to get in n out of park, on top of that, it slaps into every gear with out pressing the button... gunna do a 97+XJ shifter up grade for now till I can afford a better shifter...:awesomework:

Thats exactly why I want to do that mod... my stock shifter is all jacked up right now and is a bitch to get in n out of park, on top of that, it slaps into every gear with out pressing the button... gunna do a 97+XJ shifter up grade for now till I can afford a better shifter...:awesomework:

I hear ya, that is another slight concern with mine. Gotta make sure nothing bumps it. I learned not to hold the shifter while driving. One time I hit a bump at Reiter, and knocked it into reverse at about 15 MPH.:rolleyes:

I hear ya, that is another slight concern with mine. Gotta make sure nothing bumps it. I learned not to hold the shifter while driving. One time I hit a bump at Reiter, and knocked it into reverse at about 15 MPH.:rolleyes:

How did that turn out?:eeek::eeek: :haha: