• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back to square one.......

The best i can do is tell you about it, i have no pictures to post.

I have made very little progress in the last year, i got tired of making excuses why i wasn't working on it. Long story short, I have trouble dedicating the time needed to get it done, and wheel it, and have a house, a life, and a family left afterwards.

I sold my plasma table, and some other tools and i'm going to move out of my shop, back home.

I enlisted the services of Dean, at Bent Metal Customs to finish the build so I can wheel this summer, instead of make excuses why i'm so lame. It was a tough choice doing this much myself and then asking someone to finish it, but looking at my work pace, it was the clear choice. That or sell it.

When I go down and check it out, I'll snap a couple pics and post them up. I'm going to be wheeling this thing come spring time.

My goal is to get some seat time, work out the bugs, dial it in, and have fun wheeling. No more epic dream buggy builds after this. The internet makes it look quick, easy, and cheap to build these things. It's not any of those.

Well put sir,

I know exactly what you mean and am living with a rebuild right now cause I didnt know what I was doing the first time I spent $X and 18 months on it.

I cant wait to see it done and you in the drivers seat beatin' it... the buggy I mean. :D

The best i can do is tell you about it, i have no pictures to post.

I have made very little progress in the last year, i got tired of making excuses why i wasn't working on it. Long story short, I have trouble dedicating the time needed to get it done, and wheel it, and have a house, a life, and a family left afterwards.

I sold my plasma table, and some other tools and i'm going to move out of my shop, back home.

I enlisted the services of Dean, at Bent Metal Customs to finish the build so I can wheel this summer, instead of make excuses why i'm so lame. It was a tough choice doing this much myself and then asking someone to finish it, but looking at my work pace, it was the clear choice. That or sell it.

When I go down and check it out, I'll snap a couple pics and post them up. I'm going to be wheeling this thing come spring time.

My goal is to get some seat time, work out the bugs, dial it in, and have fun wheeling. No more epic dream buggy builds after this. The internet makes it look quick, easy, and cheap to build these things. It's not any of those.

Hope to see ya out on the trails Buddy!!!!mines getting done to!!:awesomework::beer:

Glad to hear the buggy is getting done atleast. Not like the high school days with VW's is it? :redneck:

What else from the shop you selling Clark? You gonna offload your bender?

Nothing else is for sale! Just needed to downsize.

Way easier to work on these things than deal with freaking volkswagens. :mad:

Long overdue update....... Got it back from Dean, he welded up the rest of the chassis, plumbed it, wired it, and tied up some other loose ends.

I need to clean up the wiring under the dash, tank vent, breathers, rad overflow, engine skid, skins, and whatever else ends up on the punch list.

I'm hoping to shake down sometime this week, and wheel Naches this weekend. Is anyone else headed up there?

Here's some pics and videos.:awesomework:

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crkXFOPFhD8[/YT]