• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad ass day at reiter.

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Conditions were perfect.

May creek was a bit too high t cross. The water was over my hood. But otherwise, it was a kick ass day.

I will post the pics I got tonight--but ya, there is nothing like getting denied at crossing may creek--and karl I just checked--its risen since this am :eeek:

When I cam back from dri shitties on Thursday afternoon the Naches was just about to the top of the banks..

Hey Crash, can you guys lower the water for me just a bit up there for this week?:kiss:

Pics stickman!
0791.gif

We took two toyotas on 38's, one jeep on 39's and my TJ on 35" acrost and back in the middle of the day Saturday. Water was comming over my hood. Had a definite pucker factor going on.

We ran about 150 yards up the water at the at the upper end of izzy. Water over the tops of my tires most of the time. We were in sight of what used to be the log bridge. I couldn't believe we made it that far.

Then of course one of the toyotas broke a steering arm while turning around in the water. My buddies got parts, came back and finally crossed back over may creek after dark. Very scary as the water was even higher then. I felt bad, but told them I'm out for the repair trip as my tires are too small to risk crossing may creek again.

I have Videos but the files are too big to upload to Photobucket. I'd post them if I could figure out....

OR don't post vids of "driving up the water". The main crossing of May Creek at the bottom has been signed off on by DNR as a "hard bottom crossing" and doesn't create turbidity but driving "up" the stream,even in the wash out area AND POSTING PICS/VIDS is not a good idea.

Yea' I hear ya'.

I had a slight feeling that being in the water at the top of Izzy may have been an enviromental no-no. But thats the the trail and water runs down the middle if Izzy at many locations, so where do you draw the line ?? If you drive a bypass around the water thats illegal too right ??

We certainly will comply with the rules and laws but it's confusing.:booo:

Thanks for the video tips will try that.