• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

balance issues help ??

First thing I'd do is jack up all 4 corners safely suppport all four corners, and run it in 4x4; look for any issues with out-of-round (tire, wheel, whatever....) before you have them road-force balanced...it may be so whacked it's not worth the added cost of road force balancing these particular tires if they're obviously whacked (be it tire, wheel, etc...).......:;

i do drive it everyday so i dont think thats the case
but im gonna try my old steel wheels to see if that makes a difference anyone suggest taking out the air soft and having them road force balanced ??

I have gave my input and I did work on tires for a few years
take all if the air soft crap out and take all of the weights off the tires and see what happens.

Or jack the thing up and run it in 4WD at an idle. Grab you a white crayon and check for run out on the tires. Worry morre about side to side of the tread than the up and down of the tread as it spins

First thing I'd do is jack up all 4 corners safely suppport all four corners, and run it in 4x4; look for any issues with out-of-round (tire, wheel, whatever....) before you have them road-force balanced...it may be so whacked it's not worth the added cost of road force balancing these particular tires if they're obviously whacked (be it tire, wheel, etc...).......:;

OMG 2 people with the same thought

It must ba an old person thing :fawkdancesmiley::stirpot:

I have gave my input and I did work on tires for a few years
take all if the air soft crap out and take all of the weights off the tires and see what happens.

Or jack the thing up and run it in 4WD at an idle. Grab you a white crayon and check for run out on the tires. Worry morre about side to side of the tread than the up and down of the tread as it spins
The up/down is just as important, combined with any lateral (side to side) movement of tread can and will cause the shifter to do as the op describes at speed...1/8th" up/down/out of round --you WILL feel this at speed, especially with an aired up tire, and/or worn shocks/bushings....Yeah I have also worked the tire biz for many yrs...:D
OMG 2 people with the same thought

It must ba an old person thing :fawkdancesmiley::stirpot:
:fawkdancesmiley:
You guys don't even begin to understand old.
Ya got us there! :haha: :redneck:

its all done wish i had done that awhile ago ! found out one of my tires was out of round so i swapped it with my spare and its smooth as butter might need a steering stabilizer now