• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

balance issues help ??

g@ry

i have set of 37 x12.5x15 mtrs and i cant get a smooth ride at all out of them at all i first had them balanced with rim weights and that was terrible then i tried the equal sand and that did nothing. so i turned to airsoft bbs and it seems to have cut the vibration down but its not fun to drive very far. i have about 8 oz in each tire i just dont know what to try next? any advise would be helpful

Is it the tires? Maybe a bent/out of true wheel? Bad wheel bearing?
i think its the tires because i had my old set of 33s i swapped on for a day and it was smooth it could be a wheel bearing i have a new set to put in ill try

IF IT'S SMOOTH WITH YOUR 33'S, the wheel bearing will likely make no difference...remove the calipers, and make sure the hubs are unlocked...check for any play, then spin the rotor/hub assy---is it quiet???

i think its the tires because i had my old set of 33s i swapped on for a day and it was smooth it could be a wheel bearing i have a new set to put in ill try

Was different rims too? or just another set of tires on the same rim. I doubt its the wheel bearing.....but i have been wrong before.

How warn are your big tires??

i recently installed longfeilds in my front axle i wonder if i didnt do something correctly and thats my wobble im getting ?

my tires that i have the problem with are still very new less than 500 miles on them but yes i did test with different rims and tires.

idk if anyone else had this problem with airsofts but sometimes the ride is rough the whole trucks bounces and my shifter it being thrown left to right then it just smooths out randomly most the time its not!

Do you drive it everyday? Are they flat spotting from sitting for a while in between drives? My old-style MTRs would flat spot and be rough for the first few miles after they sat for more than a day.

i recently installed longfeilds in my front axle i wonder if i didnt do something correctly and thats my wobble im getting ?

my tires that i have the problem with are still very new less than 500 miles on them but yes i did test with different rims and tires.

idk if anyone else had this problem with airsofts but sometimes the ride is rough the whole trucks bounces and my shifter it being thrown left to right then it just smooths out randomly most the time its not!

If it's in the shifter, it's not the wheel bearings, or anything in the front for that matter...it's in your tires....

Have you tried rotating the tires? In my opinion I would opt for a debead and entire new balance (no existing weights or inner balance stuff). If this doesn't work.......not too sure.

try this first...spin the tire on the the 180....make a mark where the valve stem is break the bead spin the tire 180 on the wheel air it up.. try that ...........les schwab has a a ballancer call a "road force" it measures the tire and wheel run out it tells you where the best spot to have the tire mounted on the wheel....its kinda spendy...but it works good.......and if you have them balanced on a regular ballancer have weights put on both sides

I'm going to say you have a wheel issue... Are you running Steel or Aluminum wheels.. My boss Avanteone is running 37" mtrs on aluminum trailreadys with no balancing and it drives smooth at 70mph... and it was the same when he was running the Racelines... If you are running cheapo steel wheels than that's probably the problem. You can put the vehicle on jack stands and spin it up and watch the wheels....

no i drive daily on them so i dont think that could be it but i did buy them used so....
but once i get paid i think i might try swapping rims anyone suggest trying a road force balance and removing the airsoft?

no i drive daily on them so i dont think that could be it but i did buy them used so....
but once i get paid i think i might try swapping rims anyone suggest trying a road force balance and removing the airsoft?

I would say start over
1 First thing that I would do is jack it up and get them all spinning. Check for run out on the tires. then start tracing it back from there. If it isn't oviouse when you jack it up then start checking for caster/ camber or both
2 If a tire has run out then start tracing it inward
3 Is is seated on the wheel right
4 Is the wheel bent
5 Is the axle bent
6 Are the lug nuts sentric to the center of the wheel
7 How much air is in the tires
8 Is the guy that ballanced your tires a doof

I bet by the time that you get to"5" you will find it :awesomework:

I would say start over
1 First thing that I would do is jack it up and get them all spinning. Check for run out on the tires. then start tracing it back from there. If it isn't oviouse when you jack it up then start checking for caster/ camber or both
2 If a tire has run out then start tracing it inward
3 Is is seated on the wheel right
4 Is the wheel bent
5 Is the axle bent
6 Are the lug nuts sentric to the center of the wheel
7 How much air is in the tires
8 Is the guy that ballanced your tires a doof

I bet by the time that you get to"5" you will find it :awesomework:

X2

I agree.

i do drive it everyday so i dont think thats the case
but im gonna try my old steel wheels to see if that makes a difference anyone suggest taking out the air soft and having them road force balanced ??

guess im trippin thought i didnt post that first one oh well
ill have to hunt up some more jack stands to give that a try this weekend thanks for the advice ill post up if i have more troubles

to add on if i jack it up and get the tires rolling to check for run out and such as told will the airsoft make a difference in what im looking for ?