• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Balancing large tires?

Mark m.

40" MTRs anyone try balancing beads ? Dyna beads or airsoft beads. Let me know what you tried and how it worked.

I am running 8oz of airsoft BBs in each of my 33" KM2s and it works good on them. If you do some googling you will find some charts that specify the rough amount it takes by the tire size. I think for one of mine 8oz was a tad too much weight, but it isnt enough that I am going to break it down and mess with it.

I use steel bb's. One shot glass full per tire for 35" and under and 2 shots for 36" and up. This ain't rocket surgery but it has served me well on low profile street tires on up to 44's.

Steel BB's are the worse idea. Any moisture and them bouncing into each other and they will turn to dust--seen it first hand a few times now.

I suggest use anything that won't be affected by moisture.

I use copper coated steel bb's using the chart at www.innovativebalancing.com works every time. :awesomework:

The first time I used bb's they were copperhead brand copper coated bb's. They balanced well but the damned copper flaked off and clogged my valve stem when I aired down. After that I started removing the core to air down without issue. :awesomework:

The first time I used bb's they were copperhead brand copper coated bb's. They balanced well but the damned copper flaked off and clogged my valve stem when I aired down. After that I started removing the core to air down without issue. :awesomework:

Tom doesn't like BB's either. But I thumb my nose at him as my truck sails down the road smooth as glass while his rattles your fillings out.

I mounted the wifes tires on her grand cherokee using BB's. Smooth all the way to 95mph. She even asked me "what's that noise when I come to a stop?" I tell her it's the turbo blowing off. :redneck:

To each his own. :awesomework:

Airsoft bbs ftw! I bought the big jug from wal mart and quartered it..made my 40 iroks run down the road smooth !

Tried balancing my 35" PBR and Rock Monster wheel the conventional way. It sucks ass. Wobbles like a bastard. When I get off my ass I will try BB's.

Ya Mark, get the "sniper" grade airsoft BBs, they are heavier/denser ones too. I have a bag of them ready to go in my tires for the yellow yota once done. If you do a search around you will see not all airsoft BBs are the same. There is also a chart out there that tells you how much to put in for your tire size. :awesomework:

I used dyna beads on my 36" iroc bias ply, they are mounted on trail ready bead locks. They run smoother now then they did on non bead locked wheels with lead weights. Cost about $90. Bucks for all four.