• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ball Joint 60s

Paulie

Looking for man love
I am building a super duty/ chevy dana 60 for my shitbox. Its using superduty parts from knuckles out. 6 lug unit bearings. Im trying to figure out brakes for it, what rotors and calipers could be used to make it work, toyota tacoma parts? or should i run the super brakes and just drill out the rotors? Also getting axles cut down and re splined. I have the unit bearings hogged out for 35 spline shafts. Also looking for hubs. Kash can you help with your knowledge

I ran the super duty brakes on mine and drilled out the hubs and rotors to 8 on 6.5 (chevy lug pattern).

I don't know if there is enough to do the 6 lug pattern. What are the dimensions on the 6 lug? Is it 6 on 6? Or 6 on 5.5?

If it were 6 on 6 or bigger there should be plenty of meat on those stock rotors to make it work.

how about one of those superduty free spin kits that ditches the unit bearings for a regular fixed spindle? Its what I put on my superduty, and my kit even came with 35 spline outers, so I know they fit thru the new spindle. Just regular dana-60 bearings, so you might be able to adapt your own rotor on after that.

The one *I* have is the original Dynatrac freespin conversion, and ran me about 1700 bucks back in...2005?

But there are a couple manufacturers now that make a unit bearing eliminator kit for the superduty front axle, and convert it to traditional dana-60 fixed spindle. Usually comes with some form of 35 spline outter and a new 35 spline locking hub.

Its 2013, and I just replaced the bearing on both sides for less than what it would have cost me for a single new unit bearing.

My axle is a year 2000 dana-50, but it works on both the 50's and the 60's. Just watch if you have antilock features and thread pitch on the lugs, as they change.