• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bama vs. KState

InDaShop

Dont Tread On Me
Finally the potential for a Big12 vs. SEC championship that isnt Oklahomo's or Texas.

Kelly and I are going to be coming down on you SE bandwagon riders.
We going to have a Hardline tailgate in Miami in Jan????

oct21bcs_zpsf15652b8.jpg

Re: Been begging for this to happen!!! Bama/KSU

Being in TN, I am certainly pro SEC when it comes to any game and I like the chances of the SEC repeating again this year for the National Championship game. If I could have my druthers, every weekend Michigan, Ohio State, USC (Southern California), Oregon, and the New England Patriots would lose every one of their games just due to being over-hyped by ESPN for how "good" they are.

I am asking this purely because I do not follow anyone outside of the SEC, but who has Kansas State played this year that is SEC good?

KState is 7-0 & 4-0 in Conferance play

09/01/12 vs. Missouri State W, 51-9
09/08/12 vs. Miami W, 52-13
09/15/12 vs. North Texas W, 35-21
09/22/12 at Oklahoma * W, 24-19
10/06/12 vs. Kansas * W, 56-16
10/13/12 at Iowa State * W, 27-21
10/20/12 at West Virginia * W, 55-14

Miami isnt bad this year
OU, ISU & WV were all ranked when they were beat by KSU.

I dont know if KState can beat Bama, but KState plays 4 quarters of up the gut control the clock wear out the defense ball. Bama hasnt had anyone challenge them with that type of play.

Who has challenged Bama this year? I think this weekend will be the 1st test IMO.

From the KSU games I've watched they are a lot like Bama in the system, but do not think they have the same level of talent as Bama. It will be nice to see that game. Michigan was suppose to be the hero for all the other conferences against the SEC, but couldn't handle the task. Arkansas was next in line expected to give them a challenge and now they think MSU will be the big challenge. I don't think Bama will be challenged until next year, but the year is still young.

If there are any other undefeated teams then i don't think Kstate will make it because they don't have a conf championship game......and if ND wins out fuggittaboutit

InDaShop said:
KState is 7-0 & 4-0 in Conferance play

09/01/12 vs. Missouri State W, 51-9
09/08/12 vs. Miami W, 52-13
09/15/12 vs. North Texas W, 35-21
09/22/12 at Oklahoma * W, 24-19
10/06/12 vs. Kansas * W, 56-16
10/13/12 at Iowa State * W, 27-21
10/20/12 at West Virginia * W, 55-14

Miami isnt bad this year
OU, ISU & WV were all ranked when they were beat by KSU.

I dont know if KState can beat Bama, but KState plays 4 quarters of up the gut control the clock wear out the defense ball. Bama hasnt had anyone challenge them with that type of play.

Who has challenged Bama this year? I think this weekend will be the 1st test IMO.

Good info for sure. Certainly not dogging them at all, but wanted to get edumacated about them a bit first.

On paper it certainly seems like it would be the best match up, just unaware of K-State. I still think the Bama and LSU game on the 3rd will be a tough one, as well as their game against the SEC East representative. The good or bad thing about SEC football is you can count on a few upsets in the conference as well as each team beating up on the other one.

Neal3000 said:
If there are any other undefeated teams then i don't think Kstate will make it because they don't have a conf championship game......and if ND wins out fuggittaboutit

For the life of me, I have never understood why conferences do not have a championship game :wtflol: :wtflol: :wtflol:

Being from Kansas and living in Alabama, this would be a tough one for me. :dunno: I'm just glad I don't take it all too seriously anymore. All of that aside, I think McCarron might just be too much for the 'Cats, that dude is the ****! :****: Like the man said, football is just a game of whose :afro: have got more class. :flipoff1:

KState is going to have to do more than beat shitty BIg 12 teams with no defense to make me a believer. Oklahoma was their only quality win IMO. You better hope Notre Dame loses to OK this weekend, because voters would love to see ND vs. Bama in the title game.

I would prefer to play KState, at least they play both sides of the ball unlike all these programs like Oregon, WVU, etc.

I wouldn't ever underestimate k-state. Snyder has a way of making their game plan work and f'ing the other teams plan up.

Roadyy said:
Is that why they haven't been ranked in the top 10 the last 10 years?

No it has to do with Coach Snyder retired at the top of his game. Kstate brought in a :afro: to replace him who dismantled the program and ****ed it 5 ways from Friday. Had more losses in 3 years than Snyder had in the previous 20. Kstate alum finally got him booted and they brought back Snyder from retirement 3 years ago. Not too many people can turn a losing program around in 3 years from shitbirds to National title contenders and a quarterback at the top of the Heisman list.

For all of the Southeast you've always had badass football, Bama wins are legacy, etc... Here is a good read about how one man saved a town and football team -twice
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/19/3874894/bill-snyder-saved-a-town-and-a.html

I hope the 'Cats get a chance at the Tide, I dont know they can beat them, but to make it to the big show is something KState has never done before. 1998 was the closest but A&M upset them in the Big12 championship and dashed those dreams. Tide fans seem to just expect to be in the National Championship game each year. Thats awesome, I wish I had a team like that, dont know that it would make the wins any more impressive though.

That was a good read and does one good to hear of things like that. I find myself now wanting to root for them until they face Bama just because of the story.
From some of the responses at the bottom it seems as though his retirement was partially due to the last few years of his last tenure not being very productive and was on the brink of being let go. Maybe the couple of years of retirement was just what the doctor ordered in his case.

As far as being a Bama fan and always expecting to be in the NC run, that is not the case. There have been several years that NC hopes weren't even a glimmer. We were hoping to atleast get a bowl game out of the season. I remember several years where a game was set up with Hawaii around the bowl games just to have something to look towards.

Id love to see Bama and Kstate play... I dont think the Cats could handle it for a win but it would be a battle. The current team just doesnt ever quit thumb.gif

Hell I'd just love to see the Mask week prior to game day youtube rant for that game laughing1

InDaShop said:
No it has to do with Coach Snyder retired at the top of his game. Kstate brought in a :afro: to replace him who dismantled the program and ****ed it 5 ways from Friday. Had more losses in 3 years than Snyder had in the previous 20. Kstate alum finally got him booted and they brought back Snyder from retirement 3 years ago. Not too many people can turn a losing program around in 3 years from shitbirds to National title contenders and a quarterback at the top of the Heisman list.

For all of the Southeast you've always had badass football, Bama wins are legacy, etc... Here is a good read about how one man saved a town and football team -twice
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/19/3874894/bill-snyder-saved-a-town-and-a.html

I hope the 'Cats get a chance at the Tide, I dont know they can beat them, but to make it to the big show is something KState has never done before. 1998 was the closest but A&M upset them in the Big12 championship and dashed those dreams. Tide fans seem to just expect to be in the National Championship game each year. Thats awesome, I wish I had a team like that, dont know that it would make the wins any more impressive though.

Still can't believe they got beat by a&m that year. Should have never been there due to nearly ripping Crouch's head off...but I digress....Snyder (or "old balls", that we use around here) is a great, great coach and has nothing but respect from our fan base. Making an undefeated run @ the mnc is special for any team, as it's getting harder and harder to do every year. Would love to see this match-up as well. Think it would be a low scoring affair with a lot of ball control.

Kansas State sucks, always has and always will, they NEVER play any real teams but the fans always bitch about were they are ranked every year, I really hope they do play the Tide in the last game so I can watch a great assk kicking by the Tide. Let's see what Wyatt has to say :flipgotcha: