• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Band saw question

My Nazel powerhammer came from a chevrolet plant originally before it got stuck in the mine where it was before I got it... they sure don't build them like they used to.

In every shop Ive seen I have never seen one vertical saw for cutting metal

Do all's are awesome we have one at work and it comes in handy, the larger verticle bandsaws where the head moves and the table is stationary are awesome. Getting the saw to work for what you need though, stellar is a good source of knowledge as well as MSC, ENCO, Rutland, http://www.cuttech.com/band_saws_metal.html etc..

Like said make sure you break in the blade slowly. If doing aluminum can go as hard as you want really as long as it clears the chips.

semi-automatic-vertical-band-saw-377340.jpg

Ok ok i meant ones you feed the part in yourself to make curved cuts. Yes the vertical bandsaw pictured is awsome. I used one at school all the time.

ran bandsaws for farwest steel when on harbor island for two years. ( both vertical) The big one cost $125K and had digital readout for power shuttle that grabbed material. If remember right could cut material as big as 3'X3'. Then moved up to best job in shop running burn table, 4 torches, two plasma and a zinc scribe.