• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Batmobile 14 bolt front build

Status
Not open for further replies.
kushKrawlin said:
Lifetime warrenty. IF you u run Yukon all the way. Shafts, joints, flanges. etc. you can get Yukon **** for half of Rcvs with same warrenty. The reason I'll be going that route.
Ha got another fella converting in the works keeps breaking those lifetime warranty yukons like toothpicks! It's a big deal if you drive all the way to California and break a shaft or three! Then a warranty ain't **** compared to all the wasted time and money going out there and not be able to ride any! Rcv for tha win!

al1tonyota said:
Ha got another fella converting in the works keeps breaking those lifetime warranty yukons like toothpicks! It's a big deal if you drive all the way to California and break a shaft or three! Then a warranty ain't **** compared to all the wasted time and money going out there and not be able to ride any! Rcv for tha win!

Is RCV 4340 better than Yukon 4340 or are you primarily referring to RCV 300M shafts?

al1tonyota said:
I think they are stronger my old rig had 4340's that were several years old when I started racing I would break one every so often but nothing like Matt's new yukons he has been snapping!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j07hGsFwAdE

I watched that live. Didn't know they were Yukons.

Some guys can break them like that and then others can't break them at all.

Is there a better option besides RCV though? Don't say CTM because I want shafts some time this decade.

It's hard to beat RCV. The 40 and 47 spline won't be cheap but if you want to not worry about it then it's the best option. I've put the big RCVs in several I've built and so far they just keep taking the abuse.

On top of that they have the best customer service in the industry.

patooyee said:

Is there a better option besides RCV though? Don't say CTM because I want shafts some time this decade.

Spidertrax, Foote axle, Branik, Mark Williams.

patooyee said:

He has broke a couple more also! Broke one not whoopin on it yesterday??? Like you said I don't know how some run them without breaking hardly ever?

Having a properly setup axle helps. If you get any deflection from any part of the axle tubes, bearings, knuckles, C's, hubs, locker you start snapping axles like toothpicks. Especially running any kind of hp with 43's.

I blame breaking three shafts in California on having lockers instead of spools. The breakage Saturday was in the rear end. They will not live in a rear steer axle with a healthy 6.0 and 43 stickys. That being said they will take a beating in a front axle application with a spool. Ask Jake Burkey and the Bacons. And you got to know when to lift. I do not want to lift so Ill be swapping my stuff out for RCVs and keeping my yukons as spares.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I blame breaking three shafts in California on having lockers instead of spools. The breakage Saturday was in the rear end. They will not live in a rear steer axle with a healthy 6.0 and 43 stickys. That being said they will take a beating in a front axle application with a spool. Ask Jake Burkey and the Bacons. And you got to know when to lift. I do not want to lift so Ill be swapping my stuff out for RCVs and keeping my yukons as spares.

I've been hearing of lockers breaking shafts a lot here lately. Especially Detroits blowing and taking the shaft with them. Glad I went with a Grizzly locker.

jeeptj99 said:
I've been hearing of lockers breaking shafts a lot here lately. Especially Detroits blowing and taking the shaft with them. Glad I went with a Grizzly locker.
That's still a locker and can still contribute to breaking shafts from unlocking in the air then locking back in when firmly planted back on the ground!

I also think people break yukons because they don't grease their superjoints every single time they take the buggy out. If I don't grease mine I can jack the front axle up and have 3-4" of wheel movement without even spinning the inside shaft. I would really like a strength comparison between ouverson joints and superjoints it seems ouverson a are easier to grease and the grease stays in the caps longer, I just wish randy had a set in stock right now.

al1tonyota said:
That's still a locker and can still contribute to breaking shafts from unlocking in the air then locking back in when firmly planted back on the ground!

I dont have enough hp to get it air born :****:

collinmaune said:
I also think people break yukons because they don't grease their superjoints every single time they take the buggy out. If I don't grease mine I can jack the front axle up and have 3-4" of wheel movement without even spinning the inside shaft. I would really like a strength comparison between ouverson joints and superjoints it seems ouverson a are easier to grease and the grease stays in the caps longer, I just wish randy had a set in stock right now.

Ive seen a ton of broken shafts but never a broken super joint? Are you saying people break shafts from not greasing the u-joints?

It's just my thinking but to me if the u joint isn't greased there is movement in it (3 to4" of wheel movement for me) would would be similar to the delay a locker has and putting stress on the shafts but I could be 100% wrong it just my line of thought

Status
Not open for further replies.