• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Batmobile 14 bolt front build

Status
Not open for further replies.
collinmaune said:
It's just my thinking but to me if the u joint isn't greased there is movement in it (3 to4" of wheel movement for me) would would be similar to the delay a locker has and putting stress on the shafts but I could be 100% wrong it just my line of thought

That actually makes a lot of sense

collinmaune said:
It's just my thinking but to me if the u joint isn't greased there is movement in it (3 to4" of wheel movement for me) would would be similar to the delay a locker has and putting stress on the shafts but I could be 100% wrong it just my line of thought
Your caps are wore out if you have that much movement in the shaft/joints

jeeptj99 said:
Now Muddin, do you want another vacation? :spin:

I agree with muddin, why the hell start a build thread when you have 0 parts or ideas what you are going to do. All we know as of now is he is a rcv :tc. And has a used 40 spline spool. Hell I have 2 40 spline spools, should I start a build thread because maybe someday I'll build an axle or 2?

This should be moved to general, it started kinda tech now it's really :gay:

Batmobile Will said:
We are working on parts list I'm not the type of guy that just calls WOD and tells them to build me a 14 bolt !!! Not anything wrong with that type of guy I'm just not him !!!!

Nope, but you are an elite level AW with an insane amount of time on your hands, hence this stinker of a thread! Congrats now we will all hold our breath and wait for these parts to arrive so we can finally have some tech and hopefully some respite from this bullshit.

redneckengineered said:
Nope, but you are an elite level AW with an insane amount of time on your hands, hence this stinker of a thread! Congrats now we will all hold our breath and wait for these parts to arrive so we can finally have some tech and hopefully some respite from this bullshit.

Hahahaha, you said Stinker. molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh

Batmobile Will said:
We are working on parts list I'm not the type of guy that just calls WOD and tells them to build me a 14 bolt !!! Not anything wrong with that type of guy I'm just not him !!!!

Maybe you should have called WOD before you built the first piece of **** axle. If you did you'd be waaaay farther ahead money wise by the time your done :****:

It's your money, so you can do whatever you want, obviously you don't come on here for opinions, you come on here to piss people off.

For the record I'm the type of person that likes **** done right, and done right the first time. There's enough maintenance in a buggy to keep it going, I don't want to be messing with a broken axle every trip out... but that's just me

Re: Batmobile 14 bolt front build

I'm the guy that calls and has my axles built. Have you seen my axles?? They BAD!

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

Nope. Heat treated 4130 spindles and Yukon hubs.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

crawlin85cj said:
Nope. Heat treated 4130 spindles and Yukon hubs.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

Is there anything different about the Yukon hubs or are they a stock replacement?

Batmobile 14 bolt front build

85toyo said:
Is there anything different about the Yukon hubs or are they a stock replacement?

They have to be machined to accept the larger bearing required for 40 spline spindles. There is more material in a Yukon than a stock hub.

I don't know if they came machined or they had to be done when received. That's why I call WOD to get my axles built!!

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

Batmobile Will said:

Maybe you should have...after breaking several R&P, outer shafts, and a locker...called them, built a 14bolt front and have enjoyed no breakage since. It can be done on the cheap.

Hey bj where you been anyway. Comin to ho springs? Gonna be good times nigga :drinkers:

BUG-E J said:
Hey bj where you been anyway. Comin to ho springs? Gonna be good times nigga :drinkers:

I just walked in the door from a week trip to TN and Dixie Run.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

crawlin85cj said:
I just walked in the door from a week trip to TN and Dixie Run.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
Next one is in the oven!

How did WFO do with the new gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.