• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Batmobile 14 bolt front build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The-Boss said:
Rockwell side gears welded in the carrier I assume?

Yes! Side gears welded to the carrier. Cant seam to get anyone to make a 16 spline 14b spool. Personaly, if they were made, this could be a tru budget built strong axle. 16 spline chromos are 12-1300$$ bucks frim ouverson??

xjpaddler said:
Yes! Side gears welded to the carrier. Cant seam to get anyone to make a 16 spline 14b spool. Personaly, if they were made, this could be a tru budget built strong axle. 16 spline chromos are 12-1300$$ bucks frim ouverson??
Good idea. I never really looked into the sizes but just kinda assumed that the rockwell shaft wouldn't even fit into the carrier. Good to know.

Beerj said:
Good idea. I never really looked into the sizes but just kinda assumed that the rockwell shaft wouldn't even fit into the carrier. Good to know.

The carrier has to be opened very little!!! Like polished with a digrinder and there in. You do have turn doen the side gear a little. But its very little.

A rock third member weighs 250 and some change. This houseing with 4in 5/15 wall tubes, carrier, shafts, and inner c's weigh 280 something.

Thinking out load

Gm 14b pick pull 250

Rock side gears 44
Inner c's 85x2
Outer knuckle 85x2
Spindle 100x2

Ouverson super 8 525 x2
Chromo 16 spline shafts 1500 with stock joints.

3, 384$$ Not includeing brakes.

Hubs is the killer!!

And if you want to go bigger you can up grade to 40 spline spool, 2in 47 spline stubs and violater joints.

So the c's and knuckles etc are from a rocwell axle? I'm tryin.. Why the fuk does this confuse me so bad? Maybe cause of all the different ways I have read bout building it. Good info thanks

kushKrawlin said:
So the c's and knuckles etc are from a rocwell axle? I'm tryin.. Why the fuk does this confuse me so bad? Maybe cause of all the different ways I have read bout building it. Good info thanks

Yes, it uses all stock rockwell parts.

Red river parts and service will sell inner c's already cut of for 85$ a piece. Knuckle 85$ spindle is 100$ i think.

And rock side gears are 44$ last i checked.

Don't rockwells have square tubes? The C's in your pic look like they were made for round. Also I personally would add retube cost to that but that's around $300 from what I've been quoted. Then there's brakes. What do you have in mind for that? This is good stuff here. Got me thinking. :stir:

Wonder if Will would rather us create a new topic for this...

xjpaddler said:
Yes! Side gears welded to the carrier. Cant seam to get anyone to make a 16 spline 14b spool. Personaly, if they were made, this could be a true budget built strong axle. 16 spline chromes are 12-1300$$ bucks frim ouverson??

Ouverson quoted me a spool for a 14 bolt for stock Rockwell 16 spline shafts last year. I can't remember the price but it was too high $300-500 if my memory is correct. :dblthumb:

Jhouser said:
Ouverson quoted me a spool for a 14 bolt for stock Rockwell 16 spline shafts last year. I can't remember the price but it was too high $300-500 if my memory is correct. :dblthumb:

If that was too high I think you're smoking crack! You can't even get a good American-made mass-produced spool for that much. Why would you think that's too high for a one-off?

Anyway, I think you're mistaken on the price. I bought (and subsequently returned) a 47-spline Dana 80 spool from him for right around $1000. I can't imagine a custom 14-bolt would be much cheaper.

This may have already been said but a 05+ BJ Superduty 60 knuckle will fit rockwell joints.

patooyee said:
This may have already been said but a 05+ BJ Superduty 60 knuckle will fit rockwell joints.
What are you getting at? 14 bolt center, 05+ sd knuckles and C's with rockwell shafts? I can dig it.

Beerj said:
What are you getting at? 14 bolt center, 05+ sd knuckles and C's with rockwell shafts? I can dig it.

Yes. If you're going for budget.

$100 for the 14-bolt
$300 for re-tube
$300 for the donor 60 front
$1500 for shafts
$200 for joints
$100 for rockwell side gears to weld in
$2500 total

There would be seals and incidentals to add. You also have to figure out how you want to drive the stub shafts or if you want to wait for Ouverson to cut you some custom stubs to mate with the UB's. IIRC the stock rockwell shaft lengths only work out well if its a centered front dof or a driver side offse tthough. And then at that point you are up in the air if its just cheaper to use the Superduty HP60 front for $300 to begin with knowing that you can put HP70 35-spline pinion gears in them now from Currie.

ok,,, so who has me a 14 bolt.,,,, i need one,, and more importantly WHO can retube it for me for $300 - im totatly in - i have Dana 70 inner C's that i cut off one of my steering D70's- i have several sets of Chevy KP knuckles, spindles and hubs already-- just need the 14 and it to be retubed,, i jsut cant stomach paying WOD $800 for one... call me crazy but that dosent even include shipping-
Thanks

Ill like to find on with gears and a carrier still in it ,, Thanks,, hell ill take the center if it has gears and a carrier - 4.10s

drich394 said:
ok,,, so who has me a 14 bolt.,,,, i need one,, and more importantly WHO can retube it for me for $300 - im totatly in - i have Dana 70 inner C's that i cut off one of my steering D70's- i have several sets of Chevy KP knuckles, spindles and hubs already-- just need the 14 and it to be retubed,, i jsut cant stomach paying WOD $800 for one... call me crazy but that dosent even include shipping-
Thanks

Contact Ryan at Heman Machine...Traveler on here...

patooyee said:
If that was too high I think you're smoking crack! You can't even get a good American-made mass-produced spool for that much. Why would you think that's too high for a one-off?

Anyway, I think you're mistaken on the price. I bought (and subsequently returned) a 47-spline Dana 80 spool from him for right around $1000. I can't imagine a custom 14-bolt would be much cheaper.

I think it was a mini spool . And I mean it wasn't too high. Sorry for the typo.

All this talk about retubeing an axle for $300 bucks has me confused.
I had almost $200 in tube. And there is no way I would do all that work for
a hundred dollar bill !! Is that price just labor? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.