• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Battery of Choice

HOrunner

My wheeler is your average yota with xd9000. Stock alternator. People have been "saying" optima's are crap blah blah blah. I'm curious what batteries are you guys using in your wheelers??? And if you have been through crappy optima's, what battery have you switched to that has been better???

I get the nicest 1000 amp schwab, duralast, exide, etc that looks like new at my favorite wrecking yard. $10-20.

Most people that crash thier new caddy or tahoe or excursion have very nice/new batteries.

You probably not going to find a good one a yard like pullapart tho. Need to go somewhere with new cars.

And an optima is good for about $5 at the port of tacoma, thats it.

regular old Interstate yota battery + painless wiring dual battery kit and honda battery. Enough charge there to start the truck in case the winch/lights run the main one down. :awesomework:

I like optimas:awesomework: had several in differant rigs over the years and have 2 brand new yellows in the new jeep. Only had one bad one that came from costco. Biggest thing with them is dont let them go entirerly dead and if they do get way down then give them a fast hard charge to bring em back up and then keep it charged. If its not a DD then keep a float charger on it and it will last for years and it wont spill battery acid all over the place if you roll :booo:

Used to be an Optima only guy but since their quality had gone down the shitters I now run the Exide Orbitols and have has very good luck with them.

http://www.autobarn.net/eas9a78dt.html

This............ ^^.................I got mine at Budget battery.

9A78DT 785 CCA Battery says 785 website lists it at 750 ? ?

It has never let me down.

On one of my first outings I ended up winching for about 5-7 hrs. LONG night LONG story, but the point is, is it did very well, and continues to be a good battery.

Optima's are turds these days. I run an ooold yellow top in the truck and it hasn't let me down yet. I've burned through a few exide batteries, they are worse than the new optima's IMO.

The tow pig is getting odyssey's. :D

Latest posts